.•°¤۞ 𝑺𝒘𝒊𝒇𝒕 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒔 ۞¤°•.

You turned to leave but you almost jumped as you felt a hand firmly wrap around your wrist,

You looked back at Kaveh, bewildered, only to find him fast asleep. You saw his hand around your arm and before you could do anything, he pulled you down onto his bed. Too stunned to speak, you merely watched as he turned onto his side, facing you.

"What the..." you murmured. Before you knew it, you felt a pair of arms snake around your waist, pulling you closer to him. You were about to spring up and snap his arms in half when you heard him faintly mumbling something.

"Don't leave me alone...i'll be lonely," he murmured, his lips forming a pout that was ever so slight.

His eyes were still closed, and you assumed those words were just a part of his drunken ramblings. You contemplated waking him up with a kick to the shins, but you just couldn't bring yourself to disturb someone sleeping with such a peaceful expression. As his chest slowly rose and fell, you could tell this was the first time he had gotten decent rest in a while.

You sighed once more, cursing yourself for having such a soft heart - one that would get you killed in the merciless desert. Matriarch Babel would be disappointed for sure, she hadn't raised you to be this way.

Deciding to charge Kaveh extra for this once the whole debt fiasco was over, you felt yourself being lulled asleep by the gentle pulse of his rhythmic heartbeat against the side of your arm. Before you knew it, you were fast asleep, the rise and fall of your own chest in synchrony with his.

If he tried anything on you, he'd be dead within the next second anyway.

(Bbgurl is rlly bbgurling in this ch)

.

.

.

You were forced awake by a brain-rattling scream right next to your ear. You jumped up, your reflexes kicking in immediately, and scanned your surroundings for danger with sharp eyes. Instead, the only thing you saw was the same blonde man you'd dragged out of the tavern yesterday, his face twisted into an expression of horror as he jumped up too. Kaveh stood as if he was petrified, covering his body with his hands.

"What were you doing in my bed?!?!" he yelled as he gave you a bewildered look.

You blinked as you stared at him, your mouth agape. Did this man really not remember a single thing??

"What?? You literally forced me into your bed, you idiot!"

His cheeks turned pink as a flustered expression slowly replaced his horrified one. "That's ridiculous!! Why would I ever do that?!?"

Maybe if you hit him in the head, he would remember

"Why else do you think I would be in YOUR bed? Do you really think I'd want to sleep with you?!", you retorted, watching as his expression changed once more, from flustered to borderline offended.