.•°¤۞ 𝑶𝒇𝒇 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 ۞¤°•.

You laughed as Azrul practically squeezed the life out of you and were about to hug him back when you felt someone pry the two of you apart.

You looked at Kaveh confused as he separated the two of you and stepped in front of you, glaring at Azrul.

"Excuse me, who are you and what do you think you're doing?!" Kaveh asked, annoyed, placing his hands on his hips as he looked Azrul straight in the eye.

"Kaveh! This is Azrul," you said, moving from behind him to take a good look at Azrul. It hadn't been that long since you last saw him but he had definitely changed.

You were about to hug him when Kaveh stopped you and pulled you aside.

"That's Azrul?? I thought...I thought he was supposed to be your little brother??" he asked, taken aback.

"I said he was like my brother. Why are you acting like this anyways? Is something wrong??" you asked.

"No..." he replied, and it looked like he was struggling to figure out what to say.

"Pardon me, I think there's been a misunderstanding here," Azrul said, walking over. "My name is Azrul, and I was Y/N's partner before she left for her mission in Sumeru city," he said, introducing himself. "And you are?"

You watched as Kaveh cleared his throat and stood up straight. "I am Kaveh, one of Sumeru's most renowned architects. My magnum opus was the Palace of Alcazarzaray, perhaps you've heard of it?"

You rolled your eyes at this.

"Oh...I haven't heard of that palace. No one really cares about that stuff in the desert," Azrul replied and you watched something inside Kaveh shatter.

"Azrul!" you said, hitting him in the shoulder.

"I wouldn't expect you to know much about 'that stuff' anyways," Kaveh retorted, smugly.

"Kaveh!!" you said, signaling for him to shut up.

"What the hell did you say??" Azrul said, glaring at Kaveh.

"You heard me right. Or are you deaf too?" Kaveh said, glaring right back and the two of them continued to argue over your feckless attempts to stop them.

You couldn't take it anymore

"GUYS STOP IT!" you yelled, clenching your hands into fists as you glared fiercely at both of them. They immediately stopped fighting and looked at you apologetically instead.

"I can't believe this. Both of you are fighting like children, grow up!" you exclaimed, frustrated.

"Azrul!" you said, turning to face him. "I've waited so long to see you and all you can do is argue with the guest I brought?? What happened to all the manners I taught you?" you scolded him and he hung his head in shame.

"And you!" you said, turning to face Kaveh who looked at you, frightened. "Are you serious?! I brought you along because I wanted you to meet my friends, but now I'm starting to regret it,"

"I'm sorry, Y/N," Azrul apologized. "I should've known better than to pick fights with some city boy,"

"Hey what did you sa-"

"I got you a gift, I hope you'll accept it," Azrul continued, interrupting Kaveh's outburst.

"A gift!! You didn't have to do that," you said, happily accepting what Azrul handed you. It was a small wooden carving of a crocodile. "I love it!! Did you make it yourself?" you said, gushing with affection of his gift.

He nodded in response. "I'm glad you like it," he admitted, and you were too busy admiring the gift to notice a small blush appear on Azrul's face. But Kaveh did.