.•°¤۞ 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑾𝒂𝒚𝒔 ۞¤°•.

"I'm sorry," you said before pulling him close and pressing your lips against his. He let out a surprised sound but didn't pull away. The eremite stepped inside and you took advantage of the moment to grab the evidence and shove it into Kaveh's pocket under the guise of pulling him closer to kiss him harder.

You heard the eremite clear his throat and you immediately separated from Kaveh, pushing him away. You knew it was just an act but you felt your cheeks grow warm and your heart was racing.

"I apologize," you heard Kaveh say. "I just...love her too much,"

At this, you looked at Kaveh and saw his expression dazed and his cheeks flushed. His ears were a deep pink and you quickly turned away.

"It's....alright," the eremite grunted. "The leader approves of your loan, now all you have to do is sign," he said, eagerly.

"Actually..." you said, fidgeting with the sleeve of your dress. "We've decided to give it one more chance. We are going to go back and try to convince our families and get them to accept our love," you said, feeling a blush creep up your neck.

"What...but-"

"My wife is right," Kaveh said, taking your hand. It felt like your heart was going to beat out of your chest and you prayed he couldn't feel it. "We will give it another shot. You have been of great help, I will be sure to recommend you to my...acquaintances,"

"Yes, of course sir," the eremite said, making way for you two.

.

.

.

"We got the evidence," you said, looking around to make sure no one had followed you. You and Kaveh were currently meeting up with Alhaitham at a nearby cafe and you were explaining that the mission was successful.

Kaveh pulled out the papers from his pocket and handed them over to Alhaitham.

"Hm, yes, this should work just fine," he approved, nodding as he skimmed the documents. "But...why do you two look so on edge? Nothing went wrong, did it?" he asked, observing the way you and Kaveh didn't make eye contact the whole time.

Your cheeks were still warm despite the...event...happening hours ago, and you hoped it didn't show.

"It's nothing," you replied, internally flinching at how stiff you sounded. You stole a glance in Kaveh's direction and he seemed to be lost in thought. You noticed how his cheeks were still a light shade of pink.

"Alright..." Alhaitham said, too unbothered to push any further. "If the eremites show up again, I'll take care of it. Kaveh, you can pay Y/N and finally let her go. She's been of great help and deserves to be compensated before she leaves,"

"Let her go...?" Kaveh asked, breaking out of his train of thought. You thought you imagined it but you swore you heard a tinge of sorrow in his voice.

"Yes...unless there's another reason eremites are after your life...which isn't surprising to be perfectly honest," Alhaitham replied, carefully packing up the documents. "She doesn't really have a reason to stay any longer,"

"Oh...yes, I suppose..." Kaveh trailed off, finally turning to look at you.

.

.

.

"Well then...I guess this is it then," Kaveh said, watching you pack the last of your things in your bag.

With a grunt, you lifted the bag onto your shoulders and looked at Kaveh. "I guess..."

The two of you looked down and stood in an awkward silence for a moment.