.•°¤۞ 𝑺𝒐 𝑶𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒐 𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉 ۞¤°•.

"Y/N, wait," he said, taking your hand and your heart swelled with hope as you hung onto his every word. "I don't want you to leave because..."

He took a deep breath, composing himself before looking you straight in the eye with the most serious expression you had ever seen him wear. "Because I have feelings for you," he said, keeping his solemn expression even though you saw his cheeks turn pink.

You sighed before throwing your head back and laughing as you felt all the worry drain from your body. "I guessed as much," you replied, teasing him.

His eyes widened with embarrassment. "Wh-what do you mean..?"

"Why else would you have kissed me last night?"

You saw Kaveh go through a multitude of emotions at once from shocked to surprised to flustered and so on.

"So it wasn't a dream??" he asked, his cheeks turning red as he covered his face with the back of his hand.

"Nope," you shook your head and couldn't help but grin at how he fumbled to say something after realizing what really happened yesterday.

"I-I....sorry...I wasn't trying to....I..." he continued to struggle and you could only laugh.

"I love you too," you said, interrupting him and you saw him stop functioning for a moment, trying to process your words. A grin slowly spread across his face and without wasting another moment, you placed your hands on his cheeks and brought his face down to yours before pressing your lips against his.

He immediately wrapped his arms around your waist and returned your kiss. Your lips melded together in harmony the same way it did last night, this time more affectionate than aggressive.

You pulled away and the two of you just gazed at each other, enjoying each others presence, and blushing furiously.

"Are you still going to leave?" he asked, worriedly.

You were too happy to stop smiling and instead placed another kiss on his lips.

"No way,"

.

.

.

A few days later -

"Well done, Y/N" Matriarch Babel said, turning to face you. "I knew I could count on you," she said, leaning back in her chair as you stood in front of her in her grand tent.

"It was only because I had a great teacher," you replied, smiling at her. "Your lessons got me out of many difficult situations,"

She laughed at your words. "I'm flattered. Congratulations on your offer and I wish you all the best," she said. "You are always welcome back here anytime you want, dear. Don't forget about us now," she chuckled.

"I will always be grateful, Matriarch, and I will definitely be back," you said.

"Very well then, until we meet next time," she replied as the two of you exchanged a brief nod before you stepped out of her tent into the hot desert sun. You took a good look around the settlement, taking it all in because you didn't know when you'd see it again next,

"Hey,"

You turned to see Azrul walking towards you, waving with a small smile on his face.

"Hey Azrul, thanks again for covering for me after I disappeared on you...again," you said.

"We've got each other's backs, remember?" he reminded you, with a sad smile. "That will never change, Y/N,"

You playfully hit his shoulder. "Cheer up now, it's not like I'm going to die," you chuckled. "I'll be back to visit you and the Matriarch...and the crocodiles,"

He let out a laugh at this while crossing his arms. "So, I heard you've got a name for yourself in the city? I heard the Matriarch talking about a new job you accepted,"

"Yup, the corps of thirty saw me being cool and were practically begging me to join them," you joked, telling him about your new employment as leader of the Corps of Thirty. "Even though the city is only a few hours from here, I'll still miss having you around," you said, smiling at him.

You were about to hug him goodbye when you heard someone call your name.

"Y/N!!" Kaveh yelled, running towards you.

'There he is...where in the world did he go,' you thought, waving back. "Kave-"

Before you could reply, your eyes widened as Kaveh swiftly pulled you close and kissed you, long and hard. He pulled away and looked at Azrul with a sly smile. "Yes, I'm sure my girlfriend will be missed around here," he said, with a cunning grin at Azrul's surprised expression.

You rolled your eyes but couldn't hide the slight blush that formed on your cheeks. You punched Kaveh in the arm and he stumbled. "You are so petty," you scoffed, to which Kaveh just shrugged and placed his arm around your waist.

"Well, I wish you all the best, Y/N," Azrul said with a sincere expression. "And if he ever gives you any trouble, just tell me and you won't have to deal with him ever again," he said, glaring at Kaveh who only smirked back.

"Yes, yes don't worry," you laughed. "Then, I'll see you later," you said, before waving goodbye and watching Azrul leave.

You immediately turned to Kaveh. "I can't believe you did that!!" you exclaimed, looking at him in disbelief.

"Did what?" he asked, innocently and you couldn't even stay mad. You shook your head before quickly leaning over and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek, laughing at how quickly his face turned red right after.

"See, now you know how it feels," you said, crossing your arms, enjoying the way Kaveh stuttered as he tried to say something coherent. "You acted so differently in front of Azrul," you said, shaking your head with a smile.

"T-that's not fair, I didn't expect that!!" he finally said, flustered.

"Too bad," you replied, walking over and slipping your hand into his. "Shall we leave?"

"I thought you'd never ask," he said, pulling you closer beside him.

You gently nudged him and the two of you began your journey back to Sumeru city under the evening sky, streaked with orange and pink as the sun began to set.

You were forever grateful for the man beside you.

The End -

Thank you guys for reading and sitting through this dumpster fire of a cringe fest, congrats on wasting like 4 hours of your time yAYYYYYY. Time for everyone to touch grass.

But in all seriousness, thank you all for staying until the end, luv all of u simps <333

I worked hard on this story (after pushing it off for like, 3 months oops-) and since Alhaitham and Kaveh are basically married, it took a special level of delulu to write this, so I hope you guys enjoyed it! Please let me know what you thought of this fic! 

🎉 You've finished reading ۞ 𝑬𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 ۞ // Kaveh x (FEM) Reader 🎉