.•°¤۞ 𝑫𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 ۞¤°•.

You practically burst through the tavern doors, attracting stares from all over the room as you walked inside. You didn't care about any of that, and the people soon went back to minding their own business.

You frantically scanned the sea of heads and heaved a sigh of relief once you saw the familiar blond one you were looking for. He was slumped over the table, his head in his arms as he lay beside two bottles you presumed were empty.

You immediately made your way over and watched him for a while. His head was buried in his arms and you couldn't tell if he was asleep or not. You lingered there for a moment before turning to walk away. You had only come to make sure he was safe and had no other reason to stay.

As you were about to leave, you felt a hand grab your arm. You looked back and saw Kaveh looking up at you, very clearly drunk as he held your arm. He gently pulled you towards him and that was all it took for you to sit down beside him.

You looked at him as he slowly rested his head on your shoulder.

"Kaveh...look, I'm sorry," you said, fumbling with your thumbs. "You were right an-"

"No, I'm sorry," he said. His words were somewhat slurred but you could tell he was still able to think coherently. "You were just...trying to protect me,"

"Well, I don't know if you'll forgive me but I tracked down the kid and gave him the rest of the change I had on me,"

He turned to look at you with a wide grin on his face, his chin resting on your shoulder. "I knew you weren't a bad person,"

You blushed at how close he was and quickly turned away.

"I just....know how horrible it feels to constantly be in need of mora. It really drains the life out of you," he said, dejectedly. "I didn't want him to experience the same thing, he's still so young..." he trailed off. "And I shouldn't have yelled at you like that, I'm sorry...will you forgive me?" he asked.

There was no way you could possibly stay mad at him when he looked at you like that and you sighed. "Alright, I forgive you," you said, looking away so he wouldn't see you chuckle.

He laughed and you saw him close his eyes, slowly about to doze off. You gently nudged him with your shoulder but he ignored it and readjusted to a more comfortable position.

"Hey," you said, pushing his forehead back with your finger. "We need to get you home before something else bad happens,"

"What do you mean??" he asked, tilting his head.

"Did you forget about what happened today?? You literally got kidnapped. They could be anywhere right now," you said, shaking your head.

"Ah...about that," he said, sheepishly.

"What? Did something else happen??" you asked, immediately alert again.

"No...I just...: he sighed, touching the back of his neck. "I don't know how to say this..."

"Spit it out, come on!" you said, grabbing his shoulders. "What happened??"

"Nothing," he said, looking away. "There's no one after me,"

You stared at him blankly, unsure if he was telling the truth or just spewing some drunken ramblings. "What...do you mean?"

He closed his eyes as if he was preparing to do something big. "No one kidnapped me,"

You were getting more and more confused by the second and stared at him, waiting for him to explain what the hell was going on. "Then why in Teyvat were you locked up in a building passed out,"