.•°¤۞ 𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝑬𝒏𝒆𝒎𝒚 ۞¤°•.

You grabbed Kaveh's hand and led him through the Sumeru streets, using the fading sunlight as guidance. Just as you were about to turn another corner, you felt a strong grip on the back of your shirt as you were pulled back behind a building.

You were pulled into a pair of firm arms, and before you could let out a scream, you felt a hand over your mouth. You started to struggle but stopped once you noticed whose arms you were in - Alhaithams.

You looked to the side and saw Kaveh beside him.

The three of you waited for a while like that behind a building - you in Alhaitham's embrace with Kaveh standing close beside you. After a while, you saw the man run straight past you and continue on through the streets, trying to find you.

You sighed in relief and looked up at Alhaitham with a smile. "Thanks," you said, and received a nod in response.

"What are you doing here?!" you heard Kaveh ask as he came up and pulled you away from Alhaitham.

"Without me, you'd probably be dead," Alhaitham said, crossing his arms. "I knew something happened to you as soon as I got home and it was peaceful and quiet for once."

"We didn't need your help, we could have escaped just fine!!" Kaveh yelled, annoyed.

"What are you talking about?!!" you exclaimed, looking at Kaveh puzzled. "Without him, who knows what would have happened to us??" you turned to Alhaitham. "Thank you once again,"

"We could have gotten away another way," Kaveh muttered, looking away. "You scared the life out of us,"

Alhaitham looked at Kaveh, then you, then Kaveh once more before sighing. "I see what's going on here,"

"You know who kidnapped us??" you asked, eagerly.

"Yes, it's clear as day," he replied, looking at a very worried Kaveh.

"W-who is it?? Are the eremites back again??" Kaveh asked, nervously.

"You already know the answer," Alhaitham said and you immediately turned to Kaveh.

"Kaveh what's going on?? Don't tell me you got into more trouble..." you said, concerned.

"Well...I actually..." he trailed off, looking away.

"Just say it already!!" you exclaimed, growing impatient. "Is your life in danger again??"

"I don't know!! I just feel like someone has been following me recently and I can't shake off that feeling...I don't know why," he said, looking frustrated.

"Oh, why didn't you just tell me??" you said, worriedly. If it isn't the eremites, then who else could it be??

"Now that you're here, can I ask you to be my bodyguard again? Just until I feel safe," he said, looking at you with a sincere expression.

You were elated at his request. Immediately ashamed of yourself for being happy that Kaveh's life was in danger again, you scolded yourself internally.

"Of course I'll help you again," you said, trying to mask your smile.

His expression lit up at once and he smiled at you brightly.

You looked at him, puzzled.

"Sorry," he said, recognizing his strange response. "I'm just happy that you're here again...I finally feel safe,"

You couldn't help but get flustered at his sudden statement and you quickly brushed it off. "Alright, first let's get you home. The longer we wait, the more dangerous it becomes," you said, resuming your professional demeanor.