.•°¤۞ 𝑩𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑨𝒎𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒉 ۞¤°•.

The pieces slowly flew together in your head, and your eyes flew open as soon as you realized what was happening. "It's a trap!"

Just as you looked towards Kaveh to tell him, you saw a large figure slowly creeping up behind him. Without hesitating, you ran over and pulled him out of the way right before a large sword emerged from the sandy winds. You and Kaveh both fell from the force and watched in horror as the sword slashed right at the place Kaveh's head had been just moments before.

"It's a trap, the eremites lured us here!" you said, pushing Kaveh away and rolling in the opposite direction as the sword hit the ground inches from your head. You saw your wide-eyed reflection in the blade before quickly jumping back onto your feet.

On the way up, you grabbed a fistful of sand and threw it in the eremites face. Amidst the chaos, you frantically motioned for Kaveh to get the hell out of there before punching the eremite square in the jaw. Now completely distracted, you managed to shift the focus of the eremite to you. You swore as you looked around and noticed a few more eremites come out from behind tents. As they got closer, you rolled your eyes as you recognized them. They were the same eremites you had encountered before.

"Well, well Y/N. I didn't expect to see you fooling around with some pathetic city boy," the eremite spat, glaring at you.

You returned his gaze with twice the malicious intent. "I didn't expect you to be coward enough to rely on ambushing us. You guys are just as weak as I remember," you said, quickly pulling out your small dagger.

"Ha, it will be even more satisfying to beat up both of you this time," he glowered, cracking his knuckles.

Praying that Kaveh had managed to get away, you reached down and grabbed more fistfulls of sand. Obscurity was your best bet against multiple opponents. Before the others could get any closer, you threw the sand at them, before swiftly appearing behind them and knocking them unconscious one by one. You had gotten hit a few times, but it was nothing that was life-threatening. You shook it off before jumping back into battle. Kicking another bunch of sand into the face of the last eremite, it wasn't long before you were surrounded by the bodies of your opponents as they lay on the floor.

You looked up, scanning the surrounding for the familiar blonde and cursed as you saw two large eremites backing him into one of the tents. He was cornered and you rushed over there as fast as you could. Creeping up behind the eremites once you got closer, you saw Kaveh's panicked eyes widen in surprise at the sight of you. You held a finger to your lips, motioning for him to be quiet, but the eremite had already caught on.

You struck him just as he was about to turn around, and the second eremite grabbed his weapon. You threw your dagger so that it grazed his ear and as he dodged, you kicked his sword into the air, jumping up to catch it before he could regain his stability. You faked a strike to his side, waiting for him to react before quickly turning away and smacking him over the head with the hilt of the sword instead. You could see the force paralyzing him for a second before he fell face first into the sand.

You turned to check if Kaveh was alright, and saw him staring at you with his mouth slightly open, in his eyes a mix of fear and awe. In the distance you could hear the eremites slowly regaining consciousness and you silently groaned. There was no time to waste.

"That was-" Kaveh began, interrupted by your sudden grasp on his arm.

"We have to get out of here, right now," you said, grabbing the dagger you had thrown earlier before running out of the tent, Kaveh following close behind.

You briefly caught the eremites' gaze before leaving the campsite and started running faster. They would be close on your heels and you couldn't afford to slow down for even a second.