.•°¤۞ 𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 ۞¤°•.

Your eyes widened as you got closer and recognized the familiar mop of blonde hair that jumped up from behind the plant, holding his hands out in defense.

"KAVEH??" you yelled, reaching out to stop Azrul just before he would've slashed Kaveh's head clean off. You stared at Kaveh, too confused to even speak.

10 minutes earlier

Kaveh stepped out of Matriarch Babel's tent, guilt still weighing him down after you scolded him just moments ago.

'She looked really mad...' he thought, pushing aside the curtain only to come face to face with Azrul as he towered over Kaveh once more with a smug look on his face.

"Nice job, messing everything up," he sneered, crossing his arms.

Kaveh felt rage burning inside of him, but clenched his fists and restrained himself. He couldn't bear to see you mad at him again, or worse, disappointed.

Without taking another look at Azrul, Kaveh began making his way over to the pyramids you told him about.

"We're only staying here for one day, I'll just hold out until then," he thought, before looking up at the grand pyramid before him.

He was struck with awe at the grand structure and couldn't help but admire all the sculptures that surrounded the tall entrance. He took a step inside and was instantly reminded of the day he was trapped in a pyramid much like this with you. The fear he saw in your eyes when the doors shut, the joy that lit up your face when you found the exit, and the care in your voice when you did everything you could to protect him...

Every moment with you was engraved in his head.

He shook himself out of his thoughts, looking around at the walls to distract himself instead. They were covered in decades of history and he could marvel at this art for hours on end. This was the kind of art he had dreamed of seeing almost everyday when he was a student. But now that he was here, there was something else on his mind.

You.

He tried to close his eyes to forget but only pictured your face instead - clear as day.

'What is wrong with me'

He could practically hear your laughter ringing through his head and turned to realize he wasn't hallucinating it. He saw you talking to Azrul outside the Matriarch's tent with a bright smile on your face.

A smile that stung Kaveh once he realized it wasn't directed at him.

'What am I doing, it's none of my business,'

Kaveh turned and stared at the empty room in front of him. It was probably full of murals that most scholars at the Akademiya couldn't even see. But for some reason he couldn't bring himself to move forward.

The thought of seeing you instead appealed to him much more.

He swiftly turned and ran past the guards out of the pyramids, stopping to catch his breath and look around frantically for any sign of you. He sighed in relief just as he spotted you turn the corner and ran after you.

Once he caught up, he watched as you walked beside Azrul next to the oasis, the two of you laughing with each other. He wanted to run over to you, but stopped himself after remembering the smile on your face as you read Azrul's letter.

'I can't interrupt them,'

He instead watched you both from a distance, straining his eyes and ears to catch a glimpse - even a whisper of what you two were chatting about.