.•°¤۞ 𝑶𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒏 𝒂 𝑾𝒂𝒍𝒌 ۞¤°•.

"Good morning Aarav, good morning Amir, good morning Dana!!" Kaveh walked through the halls of the Akademiya towards his office, his face practically glowing as he greeted all the scholars.

'What's gotten into him...' you thought, following close behind. 'Usually he's either frustrated or hungover...'

As you followed Kaveh to his office, you heard the students whispering as Kaveh passed, looking at him in awe.

"Look, the renowned architect Kaveh is in a good mood today, looks like he has a new plan for another genius display of architecture," you heard one student excitedly whisper to another.

You shook your head, so far unaware of any "new plans for a genius display of architecture".

"It feels good to be back," Kaveh said, striding into his office after pushing open his door with energy.

"Y/N, you are about to experience the opportunity of a lifetime, one that many would pay to witness," he said, turning towards you as he spread his arms with pride. "Today, you will get to watch me come up with Sumeru's next famous architectural monument,"

"Ohhh...." you said, nodding as you tried to look excited. You weren't really sure what to expect. "So, I'll just sit over here then," you said, taking a seat across Kaveh's desk.

"Yes, make yourself comfortable, and prepare to watch history be made,"

.

.

.

You shook yourself out of your train of thought for the 5th time that morning as you sat up straight in your chair and instead watched Kaveh scribble away at a large piece of paper on the desk. When he said "prepare to watch history be made" you hadn't expected to just sit and watch him the whole day.

"So, how's it going..?" you asked, wondering how much progress he made. Kaveh got startled at your interjection and looked down at his paper after coming back to his senses, his expression twisting into shock.

Kaveh looked down to see his paper covered in...sketches of you. He had gotten distracted and tried to focus, but every time he only ended up drawing you. Some sketches were of your face, some of your eyes, but most of them were sketches of you smiling at him - the same smile that was somehow always at the front of his mind, the smile he kept catching himself hoping to see.

"Is something wrong?" you asked, getting up to check on him after seeing his expression turn into horror at your words.

"NO" he blurted, jumping up and crumpling the paper up before you saw anything.

You looked at him puzzled and he let out a nervous laugh.

"I-I mean, I'm just stuck on a few things," he lied, touching the back of his neck.

"Oh let me see, maybe I can help?" you offered, reaching for the paper.

"Absolutely not!!" Kaveh immediately snatched the paper away from you and ripped it up into pieces before shoving them into a drawer and locking it.

You stood there, temporarily stunned at his reaction. "Okay..."

"How about we go on a walk...? Yes! It's always good to go outside every now and then, come on let's go," he said, grabbing your hand and walking out the door before you could say anything else.

.

.

.

You felt your breath get taken away as you watched the bustling evening streets of Sumeru in awe. The atmosphere was lively and you felt energized just watching all the stall vendors eagerly compete with each other to put out the best offers and discounts.