Chapter 9

Lunch: Edgeworth's POV

    I look at Wright, who is smiling like an idiot. I don't understand why I couldn't be the one to pay, it makes the most sense, but whatever makes him happy.

    I look at Larry, he's probably just grateful for the food, I wonder how he feeds himself. Then it dawns that he doesn't and that's probably why he always has a girlfriend.

    I don't understand Larry in that sense. I have never felt an... attraction for women. Yes, some of them nice people. Yes, some are good looking, but that's something anyone with good eyes can see. I propose that's why I'm never getting married, feelings are complicated, messy, and confusing and I don't want my hands dirty.

    When the waiter comes back with our drinks we place our order of food. I order cheaply, for Wright's sake. I hope he doesn't share my courtesy when I pay.

    "So..." Wright says, I assume trying to prompt a conversation.

    "...So... Where's Maya?"

    "Oh- did I not say anything? Huh. I could've swore I did, but I don't know... Anyways! She went to go and finish her spirit medium training. I'm not sure how long she'll be gone."

    "Oh. That's good for her. Must be lonely at the office?" I absolutely hate small talk and this feels just like it. Your simple little 'How are you?'s that nobody really cares about. It's usually the same answer. 'Fine.'

    "...Yeah, a bit... I miss even the annoying things now, like her waking me up at the crack of dawn for that silly litle kids show."

    "It's not just for k-" I stop myself. There's no point in arguing, though it isn't just for kids. I enjoy the series quite a bit.

    "Edgeyy! Do you watch it???" Larry says teasingly and I shake my head.

    "I've caught snippets of it." I lie. I know every episode by heart, not that Larry needs to know.

    "Uh-huhh. And I thought I was the childish one!"

    Wright smiled and laughed a bit. "You are."

    "I don't watch kid shows!"

    "Oh c'mon, leave Miles alone." Miles. Not Edgeworth. Miles.

    Isn't weird that I'm not used to ever being called by my first name? I can't think of a single person that still uses it.

    "If you don't he might not pay for your meal," Wright continues.

    "Aww! Fine..."

    ((GUYS I JUST FINISHED TURNABOUT MEMORIES AND NOW I WISH I STARTED THIS STORY LATER IN THE GAME))