Chapter 24

Wright's POV

    As soon as the episode ended Maya jumped up and hit my arm.

    "Ow!! What was that for?!"

    "You forgot to ask him for lunch! I'm starving!"

    "What?" I genuinely think she's lost it.

    "You were supposed to ask Edgeworth to go to lunch with us, don't tell me you forgot. I knew you were old but I didn't think you were that old."

    I rolled my eyes, "yeah, yeah, I'll get on it."  I was starting to feel kind of hungry too.

    I picked my phone up and called Edgeworth for the sixth time today. This time it only took one ring for him to answer.

    "Hello?" He answers.

    "Hi, sorry for calling so much. Would you want to come to lunch with me and Maya?"

    "I'm with Franziska, currently."

    "She can come too, I don't mind."

    It took him a few seconds to respond, I had almost thought he hung up.

    "What time?"

    "Like... Now? I don't think Maya can last much longer or she'll bite me."

    "I would not!" She interrupts.

    "I suppose we can do that. I'm paying."

    I wish he didn't insist on it. I have money. I don't know why everyone thinks I'm broke. Maybe I'm not overly rich, like Edgeworth, but I'm not dirt poor like Larry either.

    "...Okay."

    "So, it's a da-... We'll see you soon." He hung up right after that.

    "Well, c'mon Maya."

    She smiled, "Woo!!"

    That's one thing about Maya, she acts as though she hasn't eaten in years when I know she had breakfast this morning.