Chapter 21

Edgeworth's POV

    I feel the ground start to shake and I immediately feel the unease in my stomach. It feels as though my lungs got cut in half. I quickly go hide under my table, protecting myself.

    Before I know it Franziska's sitting under the table with me.  She has a hand on my back. I hate pity but I don't feel well enough to fight with her. I feel dizzy.

    "Miles Edgeworth, you need to breathe." She says softly.

    I don't respond. I can't find my voice. The lights flicker and I find everything going black.

    ....................................................................................

    When I come to, which I don't imagine to be more than five minutes later, I find myself sitting up off of Franny's shoulder.

    "It's over." She says, getting out from under the table and standing up, dusting herself off.

    "It doesn't feel like it." I grumble following behind Franziska.

    "That's yourself shaking, you fool. Sit down."

    I do not understand why I still feel like this. The incident happened years ago, it's in the past. Why does my mind insist on playing tricks on me each time the ground shakes? I wish I could get over this.

    I listen to Franziska and take a seat in a nearby chair.

    "You're paler than a ghost." She stops for a second, "Sorry." She mutters.

    "I'll need a moment to collect myself, but I'll be fine."

    "I know you will be. I am not concerned for you, Miles Edgeworth." She says while walking out of the room.

    I follow suit and watch as she picks up my buzzing phone.

    "That foolish man is calling you. I suggest you answer, Miles Edgeworth, it's the fourth call."

    I groan, I have nothing against calling Wright, but I know he's only calling me out of concern, and I am fine. I answer his call.