Chapter 18

Wright's POV

    In the morning I'm woken up, again, to another loud knock on my door. I get up and stretch before answering the door.
    "Maya?" I ask, trying to blink away the tiredness.
    "Did ya miss me?" She asks me, grinning ear to ear.
    "Oh believe me, I did. We got to catch you up on things."
    She lets herself into my office.
    "Wow, Nick. This place is a mess." She shakes her head. "I knew you needed me to keep things in order."
    My office isn't even that messy.
    "Yeah... Does that mean you're going to clean it for me?"
    "No. It means I'll supervise and you clean!"
    I groan as she laughs.
    "Sooo. What's been going on?" She asks
    "Well, let's see... Edgeworth faked his death and... Oh you know von Karma? He has a-"
    "Woah- Woah- Woah- We can't just slide past that, Nick! Edgeworth did what?" And I suddenly regret every word I've spoken today.
    "Oh yeah. He left a note saying "Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth chooses death." And left. He's back now though... He came through last night to apologize."
    She puts her hands up to pause me. "I feel like I'm missing something here."
    "Yeah... Me too."
    "He came here?"
    "Yeah, middle of the night. Well, maybe not. I went to bed early-"
    "Yeah, yeah, I know. You're an old man with an early bedtime. GET ON WITH THE STORY."
    I roll my eyes. "That's about it. He comes knocking and he comes in and he apologizes and he hu-... Yeah. That's about it." I say, stopping myself from telling her too much.
    She grins "He hugged you? Are you sure you weren't dreaming Nick?" She sounds exasperated.
    "...Yeah. I'm pretty sure."
    "Uh-huh. I'm gonna ask him~"
    "Don't bother him."
    "Because you know it didn't happen!"
    "Did too!"
    "Did not!"
    "Did too!"
    "No he did not! If he did you'd let me call him!"
    "He wouldn't answer anyways. Why don't you ever trust me?"
    She gives me a look. "I'm calling." She says quickly before running into my room and locking the door.
    "Maya!"