Chapter 26

Wright's POV

    I shot Maya a look before she could open that mouth of hers. I knew she was going to ask about their last names. I just knew. And I wanted to stop that before it could start. I wouldn't want them to be uncomfortable.

    After a few minutes we ordered our food and drinks. They didn't take too long to come.

    "Sooo, Edgeworth." Maya says, stuffing her mouth with food.

    I watch as Franziska looks at her with disgust. I almost want to defend her but... Yeah, Von Karma's right. Edgeworth looks at her with his eyebrows raised, prompting her to continue.

    "What is it?" He asks

    "Did you hug Nick?" She asks with a huge grin on her face.

   He'd cough a little, "You should refrain from speaking with food in your mouth."

     I caught Franziska's smile before she turned her head away. If Maya caught that she would've known I was telling the truth. I don't know why she's insistent on proving me wrong.

    "I think you should answer my question!"

    "You fool, his refusal to answer should be answer enough for you."

    She gasped and put a hand on her heart, pretending to be offended. Suddenly, she hit my arm and looked at me.

    "YOU WEREN'T LYING?"

    "...Why would I?"

    She shrugged, "I dunno. Figured it might've been some weird fantasy or something."

Edgeworth looked at me as if wondering what she's talking about. As if I had a clue.

    I gave her a look before shaking my head. "You're weird."

    "You two are both fools. I've never seen such obliviousness." Von Karma grumbled, shaking her head. I wasn't quite sure who she was referring to.