Chapter 19

Edgeworth's POV

    As I'm sitting with my sister, Franziska, my phone starts to ring. "Wright's Office" appears on the front. I really need to change my ringtone but it makes Franny laugh.

    "Excuse me a moment, please." I say, grabbing my phone as I head into my bedroom.

    "Why could that man, be calling you?" She asks raising her eyebrows.

    I shrug. "He probably lost something, you know Wright, always ill-prepared."

    "And you would have it?"

    I shut the door as I answer the phone. "Wright?"

    "Ha! I knew you'd answer!" A high pitched voice sounds through the phone speaker.

    "Maya?" I ask, caught off guard. "I didn't know you've come back yet."

    "I just came back today. But nevermind that! I heard that you hugged Nick! Did ya? Did ya?!"
She starts giggling and I can hear Wright yelling at her in the background.

   Unsure what to say, I hang up. I open the door and am confronted by Franziska, standing there with her eyebrows up.

    "You hugged him?"

    "No." I answer a little too quickly as I sat back on my couch.

    "You like him." Franny states a little too matter-of-factly.

    "It was platonic." I respond.

    She smirks, "I thought you didn't hug him? You fool."

    I'd groan, "It wasn't that important, Fran."

    "You sure make it seem like it's important."

    "It was just a hug, he was upset."

    "If it was just a hug you would have just said that."

    "Or I knew you'd react like this."

   "You couldn't have known I'd react like anything. But seriously, out of everyone, him? I don't get it."

    "Yeah, me either, but I've tried running away from it and it didn't work." I'd say quietly.

    She looks over at me, "Yeah, I know. I've had this figured out longer than you have Miles Edgeworth. I've never understood why, but it was quite obvious."

    "No, it wasn't."

    She gives me a look. "Eventually you'll realize I'm usually right, Miles Edgeworth. And as always, you're a fool."