Chapter 28

Wright's POV

    "Soo..." Maya says, breaking the silence of our walk home.

    "So what?" I asked noticing the furrow between her brows. She's either going to a) say something deep. b) say something that would get her deemed as a nitwit, or c) ask a question I'd rather not answer.

    "First. Why is his last name different from theirs?"

    I'm almost surprised she couldn't think of one answer for this. Isn't divorce common in Kurain? I'm sure she told me something similar to that.

    "He's adopted. Remember the whole DL-6 incident thing? With von Karma, the man one? He killed Edgeworth's dad?"

    Her eyes widened as she looked at me while covering her mouth. "Oh. My. Gosh. I forgot!"

    I tried not to laugh at her over dramaticness but failed. "It was a major trial, how could you forgot? You got TAZED??"

    She shrugged. "Okay, maybe forget isn't the right word. It kinda confuses me so I just like tuned it out. And I got arrested for contempt of court." She said the last part quietly.

    Maya opened the door, holding it open for me, "Lady's first." She said with a grin.

    I shook my head and walked in with a sigh. I made my way to the couch and grabbed the remote.

    "Nuh uh, Nick! Don't think I forgot about my second question!"

    I groaned and ran a hand down my face, "What?"

    "He actually hugged you? That must've been a new low for him. And for you. How upset do you have to be to get the stone cold Edgeworth to hold you?"

    "He didn't hold me!" I say, flicking her forehead.

    "You wanted him to." She said teasingly.

    "You're so weird. Why haven't I fired you? You boss around your boss too much." I jokingly scold her.

    "You know I keep this place in order!"

    I shoot her a look.