Chapter 23

Edgeworth's POV

    "I do not understand why the fool wants to be in your personal life."

   "He cares, Franziska." I reply and she glanced at me.

    "You're quick to defend him, aren't you?"

    I just sigh and I notice the time on my watch. The Steel Samurai would be airing now. I glance at Franziyand I glance at the TV. I debate whether I should humiliate myself in front of her for a moment before I realize I already have.

    I turn the show on and Franziska laughs.

    "You have nothing else to do besides indulge in foolish childish activities?"

    "Not necessarily," I reply. As much as I hated missing out on work, I couldn't bring myself to do it right now. I was drained.

    As much as she teases me for watching the show I do notice her watching along with me. I do not say anything because I know if I do she would stop. I feel as though she needs to allow herself to enjoy life more. She had a strict upbringing, as did I, but she had less opportunities to enjoy her childhood. I feel horrible that it was partly my fault.

    As the episodes go on, I find my thoughts often going back to Phoenix. By the time the episode is over, I realized I hadn't been watching the TV but instead daydreaming. I came to the conclusion that maybe I just needed a nap, obviously I knocked a screw loose and that might help set it in place.