Chapter 29

Edgeworth's POV

  "I don't know why you insist on being difficult, Miles Edgeworth." Franziska tells me.

    I sit at my desk and file through the drawers before remembering I had left the files in my work desk. I sigh and look back at Franny.

     "I am not being 'diffucult.' I'm a grown man, Franziska von Karma. My feelings do not require help from a moody teenager."

    She really does remind me of her father. If she was more ruthless they'd be carbon copies. She aspires to be like him and I cannot, for the life of me, understand why.

    She glares at me. "This is exactly what I mean. I'm so tired of you acting like a fool. Either tell the man you love him or get over it."

    "Feelings are not something you can simply 'get over'. It is complicated."

    "If evidence in court is complicated does that mean you ignore it? Or does it mean you tackle it so you can come out on top?"

    I sigh. "This isn't court, Franziska. It's a personal matter. I do not understand why you're insistent on sticking your nose in places it doesn't belong."

    She crosses her arms, "How foolish do you have to be to ignore my advice? I'm just trying to look out for my little brother. If you don't take a chance while you have it you're going to lose it. That's like ignoring a plea deal then getting mad when it's gone."

    "What if he doesn't feel the same? This is Wright we're talking about. Believe me, I'd rather be in court than dealing with this."