Chapter 1

NESSIE

I wake up in someone else's bed.

Not mine.

Fuck.

I remove the blanket I was tucked in, not by me, and look at my body. A night robe that looks like the ones one would find in fancy hotels.

Oh

I try to remember what happened last night. The headache hits me first. And the memories come afterwards like a blur. I was crying in my room, looking at pictures of me and Mark. We broke up one week ago and I tried to make myself delete the pictures. I ended up looking at them with Gracie Abrams songs in the background. I then decided I had enough, and got changed in a very short pastel blue dress. I never do that. Never. And then I headed to a bar. I also never do that. Only when my besties drag me out to a girls' night, but they are all away on Summer holiday now. I should be too. They asked me if I wanted to come. But I said no. No, I thought. Maybe I could stay at home and sort things out with Mark.

But we obviously didn't sort out anything. And now I ended up in someone else's bed.

Whose bed, I have no idea. The night becomes a blur after I had my third cocktail. And danced with yet another man.

Fuck.

I try to crawl out of bed and reach the margin. That's when the headache hits again, and instead of standing up like a normal person and walking away, I fall down. And land on my back. Making it all hurt.

Damn it.

I let out a yelp, which is immediately followed by some footsteps. Then some very expensive black shoes appear in front of my eyes and I look up to discover the last person I would have thought to see now.

Adam Cunnan.

Who just happens to be the hottest billionaire our university has to offer. Or had to offer. He graduated this year.

And how the heck do I know that? Since he's my bestie's boyfriend's brother. Or half-brother. Or best friend/brother? That I don't know.

The only thing I know is that the guy is way out of my league.

And I just woke up in his bed.

Damn it.

He kneels in front of me and I get a better look at him. His ginger hair is perfectly styled, nothing falling out of place. His brown eyes assess me with worries hidden inside them. He is wearing a tux that shows off his well-worked body. There is a reason the students used to call him a part of the Fab Five, the five hottest guys at Wrencore University.

Adam gives me a hand and helps me stand up. He gently places me back in bed.

"Are you alright?", he asks me afterwards. I look at him, my eyes wide.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine", I lie. I then burst out the question I fear most. "What happened last night?"

"I happened to be at the Vox as I saw you there." Right. That's where I was. The Vox Bar. The one my besties and I always go to. It's all fancy and high-class, but we usually go there since one of my best friends is a princess. A real princess. "I saw you dancing, but you looked like you might fall any second. I took you to a hotel and let you get some sleep."

So not his room then. Not his bed. Good.

"How did I get changed? Did you-"

I can't even finish. Adam is quick to shake his head. "I didn't touch you, Nessie. I handed you the robe and you changed yourself. You collapsed shortly after. That's when I lifted you up and tucked you in bed. But I didn't lay a finger on you after that, if that's what you were thinking."