Chapter 29

NESSIE

"Hello hello", Jacob says as I open the door. He's in the doorstep together with Dia, the two standing incredibly close to each other.

Fake relationship my ass.

"Hi", I say and give the two a hug. First Dia, then Jacob and welcome them inside the house. They were the last ones to show up. The rest are already here in the garden, the guys already at the grill making the barbecue and the girls at the sitting area talking.

"Nice place", Jacob says. I nod thankful. It really is a nice place. Even nicer after the renovations Adam and I did. I have my own room now. A room with two walls pastel blue and two white, a cozy large bed filled with flowery cushions, a vanity desk, a wardrobe, a coffee table, two armchairs and a nightstand. I wanted to put a desk but got another room to use as private office (didn't ask Adam for that, but he insisted). He also helped me organize a library. It's filled with bookshelves and armchairs, plus a cozy sitting area at the window bench.

We also made the nursery. Well, started making it. We bought the bed and already some toys. We want to keep adding items to the room during the next months.

Everything about this place is perfect.

I bring Dia and Jacob outside and to the terrace. As everyone spots them, they all greet the two and while the rest of my besties come hug Dia, Caden comes have Jacob in a bro hug. Dia and Jacob share one look before they separate, Jacob going to join the grilling session and Dia coming to join us.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one who saw the look. So did my other besties, since when we sink back on the couches, they all look surprised at Dia and April lets out: "Yeah, fake my ass."

Dia blushes. "Jacob and I are just fake dating. We are friends, that's all."

I see she doesn't want to push the subject so I nod and move on. "Thanks for coming!"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world", she says, smiling at me. I smile back and reach for her hand to squeeze it. Her smile grows brighter.

"Love how you arranged this place, by the way", Soph says, looking around. "The rooms are amazing."

"They really are", Nini back her up. The two are sharing one couch, Nini leaning completely on Soph, head tilted on her shoulder. April is next to me and Dia on the armchair nearby.

"Love the pastel in your room", April comments, probably thinking back about how Mark wouldn't let her paint the walls. I have to swallow hard at the thought of him.

"Me too", I whisper, trying to wash the thought away.

"Are you planning on staying here?", Nini asks me, probably the question they all have.

I nod. "It's for the best. Adam gets to be close to his baby. We might learn how to coexist in the same place. And besides, the house is amazing too. The rooms, the garden...I can see our child living here. So, guess I'll stay."

"Yeah, I can see myself here too", Nini begins, mischief on her face. I look at her surprised. So do the rest of my besties. She continues. "Girls night by the pool, cooking pizza us five in that huge kitchen of yours. Just imagine the ABBA karaoke sessions we'll have in that cinema."

I start chuckling. So does everybody else. April says: "Yeah, I'm with you on this one, Nini."

Nini smiles and pretends to do a small bow. We only chuckle harder.

"Hey ladies", Noah shouts from the barbecue. We all turn to him and to the guys, smirking at the view. A grill session never looked so hot.

"Yeah, sweetheart?", April shouts back at him. I can't help but smirk.