Chapter 34

NESSIE

"Hello, gorgeous", Soph says when entering the house. I give her a big hug and squeeze her to my chest. She smiles and as we let go, she heads to the kitchen to empty one of the bags she brought with her. All ingredients to cook something.

"I'm making risotto tonight", she explains, even putting her hair up in a bun.

"How can I help?", I ask her. She shakes her head.

"By sitting there", Soph begins pointing with her finger at one of the chairs opposite her at the kitchen isle, "and telling me all about your little wedding and invitation to the Benvenutti Gala."

"How do you know about the gala?", I ask her. I've told my besties about the wedding but not about the gala.

"Girl, please", she replies. "I'm basically your sister-in-law now. I know everything." She gives me a glare that says not to underestimate her, then smirks bright: "So, spill."

I sigh exhausted and sink on the chair. "Adam wants me to go there so we can have our official introduction as couple. Truth is, I am terrified."

"You don't have to be", Soph says. "For, your super cool new sister-in-law will be there with you the whole time."

"What?!", I let out shocked, covering my mouth with my hand. Soph nods happily.

"Yep", she begins. "Alec and I both got invited. So, we'll be there too. We'll stay with you the whole night. Don't worry."

"Thank you", I say and jump from my chair to go hug her. She smiles and hugs me even tighter.

"No problem, Nessie", she answers. Then smirks bright and adds: "I have one request though."

"What?", I ask her confused, letting go of her and going back to the chair to be able to face her and see her better. She is smiling with mischief.

"Let me take care of your hair, makeup, gown and all."

"What?! That's too much", I say. She shakes her head.

"That's my one request. Fashion is what I love. I breathe fashion. And as it happens, I have an expertise in ball gowns. So, will you please let me do it."

I sigh. "Fine. But don't go over the top."

"It will look splendid", she cheers, doing a small happy-dance through the kitchen.

I wonder what I gotten myself into.

-

"This is...perfect", I say, tears in my eyes, looking at my reflection. "This is so perfect. Thank you."
Soph smiles at me and gives me a hug. She outdid herself this time. My look for the gala tonight looks perfect. The masterpiece is the gown, she ordered especially for me. It's a gown that starts with a corset, stopping right under my breasts. The corset is made out of tiny diamonds and silvery glancing things. The corset turns into a skirt then, a tulle skirt, that is fit for a princess. There are silvery applications on the pastel blue skirt, making it look like stars on the night sky. Given how voluminous the skirt is and how high up it begins, it completely hides my baby bump. My heels are black, my makeup not popping, just a bit of shadow and some blush pink color on the lips. Soph wanted to give me jewellery but knows I usually hate bracelets or necklaces, so she settled for a headband made out of diamonds. My hair was styled in a beautiful low bun by Soph's stylists. I am also wearing some silk elbow long pastel blue gloves, matching the color of the skirt.

I look amazing. I really do. I never thought I would say it, but I do.

Soph next to me looks as beautiful, maybe even more beautiful. Her dress is similar to mine, since she wanted us to have a partner look. The color she's wearing is blush pink, a dress out of a corset of diamonds and then a tulle big blush pink dress. Her corset reaches her waist however, and doesn't stop under her breasts like mine does. She is wearing diamond high heels, blush pink elbow-long gloves made of silk, a heavy necklace around her neck that must weigh a lot but looks amazing on her. She's also wearing another thing that I haven't seen her wear often. A crown. Showing the fact she is a princess and actual royalty. Her crown is on her freshly styled hair that falls freely down her shoulders, showing off that beautiful golden blonde. The crown isn't so big, kind of small, but made out of diamonds. It glitters and one can't miss it. Her makeup is also held casual, some eye shadow, a bit of blush and a new color on her lips, not the signature bright red. A pink, darker than the one of her dress but not dark enough to be called red.