Chapter 40

NESSIE

"That's so not how you make a snowman", I let out between a laughter, looking at the snowman Adam is decorating now. He has a hat on, but not just any hat, a toy crown we found at the supermarket a few days ago. In his hands, made out of two twigs, he is holding a candy cane like a scepter.

"This isn't a snowman, he's a snowking", Adam corrects me. I can't help but laugh at that.

"Snowking?", I ask sarcastically. "Are you serious?"

"Of course", he doesn't back down. "Fit for a queen. You are the queen of my heart. So, snowking."

I blush at that. "Who knew you would be so sweet?"

"Only for my queen", he adds and stands up, coming to have me in a hug. I chuckle as he lifts me up and pulls me closer to him to kiss me. Ever since we kissed that night, we don't seem to be able to stop. It's like we need it to survive. Like air, water or food.

"Lucky me", I tease him. He only continues kissing me, like an addict. With me as addiction. I chuckle and kiss him back. I am not less addicted to him.

~

"What are you doing?", Adam asks me, coming downstairs from his room. He had to send a few emails and attend some video conferences in the afternoon. It took longer as usual, but he told me he rescheduled many meetings for today so that tomorrow and the day after that we can focus on the preparations. Our friends are coming on the 24th, and that's already in three days. Soph and Alec are the only ones who will be coming a bit later, probably somewhen at midnight or the next day, since Soph has to attend the Annual Christmas Ball at the palace. Alec will obviously be there too as her plus-one. But they promised us they'll fly here the moment the ball ended.

"Reading", I answer, my thoughts still being somewhere far away. I am brought to reality by the view. Adam, in a sweater. A sweater. Not the tux or the coat I got used too. A sweater. One that is tailored especially for him, showing off what a chest he has. And his arms. He paired it with some jeans and beige socks, but damn. I can't get over that sweater.

"What's with the new look?", I ask him, doing my best not to drool. He looks down at the sweater, as if he completely forgot what he was wearing and shrugs.

"It got a bit cold so I decided to dress warm", he explains. I am so close to getting on my knees and thank the universe it's cold and that I got to see Adam in that sweater. Which is why his question pulls me back to reality like a broken tape. "If it's too bad, I can change back into a..."

"No, no, no", I say, sounding a bit too alarmed. He smiles, dimples on. I might start to worship that sweater.

"I am so thankful to hear that my wife is so concerned about my well-being", he replies, now smirking. I get red at that and cover my face with my book, pretending to be interested in the words. I normally am. Only not now.

"What are you reading?", he says, sinking where my legs are on the couch. Carefully, he lifts them up and places them on his lap, beginning to play with my toes and gently glide his fingers on my foot. It tickles, but I feel the burn on his hand touching me more.

"A book", I let out, still trying to seem like I am focused on the pages. I am not. His touch is all my brain can process.

"Figured that out by now", he tells me. I let out a chuckle, yet it sounds forced. I would rather scream from pleasure. And he is only touching my foot, for heaven's sake.

"It's a nice book", I let out, not even knowing where I found the strength to say that. Adam smirks and lets out a chuckle. I can't help but wonder why. As he looks at me, I fake being interested in the pages again and he laughs harder. I lose it and take the first cushion I find, throwing it right into his face. He is taken unprepared and the cushion hits him. He looks stunned for a few seconds, moments I get to chuckle.