Chapter 2

NESSIE

I wake up in someone else's bed. Yet again.

I recognize the bed. It's the one from the hotel room.

Only now, I am not alone anymore. Adam is sleeping next to me, utterly naked. His hands are wrapped around me, his breath sending shivers down my spine.

I am naked too.

Oh fuck.

I remember what happened. And I can't use being drunk or unconscious as an excuse. I was sober. And very much conscious. And made out with Adam Cunnan. More than that. Did it, with Adam Cunnan.

On my free will and desire.

Damn it.

I am hit by the last few days.

Mark.

I should still be sad about Mark. Try to come back with him. He said we will try. We will figure ourselves out and try to come back together.

And I just fucked Adam freaking Cunnan.

Damn it.

As silent as I can, I stand up and tiptoe around the room. I find my dress somewhere on a couch. I slip back in it and try to get out of this place.

Only Adam wakes up. And looks at me.

"Everything alright?", he asks me, his voice shaking. He was still worried it was all still too raw. I was the one who told him I'm fine and that kissing him now won't break me.

I never realized what a liar I am. Never. Until now.

"I am so sorry", I begin and he already closes his eyes, probably already figuring our what this is about. "I thought I could do this. But I guess I still love him. I don't know if I could ever stop loving him."

"He broke up with you", he adds.

He's right. But only partly. It was a mutual breakup.

"But he still cares about me. And I care about him. I am so sorry, Adam."

Adam doesn't have time to answer before I rush out of the hotel room and run my way out. I get in the first taxi I can and cry on my way back home.

Maybe I should go on a holiday.

No.

I should find out a way to clear this mess.

But as soon as I enter my dorm, I think that it can all wait. So I cook an instant ramen soup and cuddle in bed with my latest book. My phone is filled with texts from my besties.

APRIL: How are you, babe? You know killing Mark is still an option.

Maybe they should kill me. I'm the one who got laid only one week after our break-up.

SOPH: Hey. How are you? Text me as soon as you have time. Nini and I miss you so much.

Soph and Nini are on a double date trip around Europe with their boyfriends. They are the two that date two of the Fab Five. Soph dates Alec Dunn, another hot billionaire, CEO of the most luxurious hotel company around the world. The two make a dream couple, the princess and the CEO. Nini and her boyfriend are also aesthetic as shit. Caden is the university's hockey legend, and the only one in the world apart from me and the other girls that puts up with Nini's romcom obsession. Even sang a song from one of the romcoms she loves on stage for her.

They asked me to come with them, but fifth-wheeling after I just had a breakup didn't sound so fun.

I contemplate what to text her back. Hi, Soph. Listen, so, something might have happened. I just made out with your boyfriend's best friend/brother. Then ran away realizing I still love Mark and broke Adam's heart. Probably I should think some more about it.

Exhausted, I throw the phone at the other end of the couch and try to focus on my book. Yet my eyes keep trying to shut themselves.

No wonder you're tired, Nessie. Given how sore you are.

Damn it.

I close my eyes and let myself sleep. I'll deal with all of it tomorrow.

Tomorrow.