Chapter 8

ADAM & NESSIE

ADAM

I leave as soon as I can. The moment the week is over, I get away calling in urgent business. That is only half true. I have business to attend to. But it's not urgent. Getting away from here is urgent.

Away from her.

I can't say I didn't have fun. Spending time with my friends is always nice. Only she was there. And she sometimes looked at me. Her eyes expressing sorry. And desire. But not desire for me.

But him.

I might be a coward but I ran away again.

Michael greets me with the same stupid smirk on his face. "Did she ran again?"

"Prick", I hiss at him and go lie down in my room.

I need to forget her.

I need to find a way to let her go.

Why can't I?

NESSIE

I knew this would be a mistake. Going on a trip with Adam would be a mistake. But I was foolish. Of course I was. I thought: No, Nessie. You won't have weird dreams again. Your sanity will be normal again. You won't have flashbacks of him wrapped around you, then of him inside you. Not at all.

But I did. And I do.

I needed out.

Apart from that, I really loved the trip. I spent every second I could with my besties. Saw new places. Visited Barcelona for the first time. Even went to a fun park. It was fun.

I didn't talk to Adam. Not a word.

Now I am back in my room. I need to do something productive.

So I take out my phone. And text Mark.

Adam didn't talk to me either. Maybe he doesn't love me anymore. Maybe he realized I am a liar and a fool and realized I am not the right one for him.

Maybe I am not cheating on him with Mark. Or cheating on Mark with him.

Damn it.

So I text my ex.

ME: Hey. I miss you. Can we start over?

I close my phone and throw it across the room, not allowing myself to throw another glance at him.

I am a liar.

Mark's answer hits me the next morning.

MARK: Hey. I miss you too. Yes. Let's start over. Let me take you on a date.

MARK: How about tomorrow? Your favorite café?

And I might be a fool but I accept.