Chapter 25

ADAM

"How's Alex?", Alec asks me, hitting the ball. I have a pool table in my office. For when Alec comes. He always loves to play pool  during our business meetings. So I bought a pool table.

"He's alright", I tell him. "Found himself a girl", I reply, hitting another ball. I just came back from the meeting with Alex Callahan and Alec has invited himself into my office. Said it's for business purposes. It was. The first ten minutes. We signed a contract for me to provide the camera system in his newest hotel in Shanghai. Now we're playing pool and talking about my day.

"Little Alex found a girl. I wouldn't have thought that", he replies, his voice deadpanned although it was a joke. I laugh at it nevertheless.

"He'a older than you", I counter. It's true. Alex Callahan is older than us. But only by five years, six years in Alec's case.

"Who cares? The chances he would have found a girl given his personality were slight to zero", Alec adds.

"Look who's talking", I reply. He points a finger warning at me at that.

It's then I hear them. People shouting. They are muffed, like happening far away, but still hearable.

"What's that?", Alec asks me, noticing the sounds too. I stop the pool game and head to my desk. There I open the app with the cameras in the building. The one image of the reception has my attention. Standing in front of the desk and screaming at my receptionist, Paige, is Mark. He is threatening her with punches, Paige standing all scared behind the counter. Bodyguards are already on his way to het Mark.

"Fucker", Alec hisses, assessing the screen. I haven't heard him slip behind me. I'm sort of scared of what this guy can do at the moment, but am more concerned of why the heck Mark is here.

"I'm going", I tell Alec. I quickly add: "Stay here."

He nods and follows me as I go out the room. I give him a glare. "Man, I live for violence. And besides, I am right behind you", he explains.

I roll my eyes annoyed and let him follow me downstairs. We took the stairs, probably having to wait too much for the elevator. As we arrive in the reception and my employees see me walk into the room, they all go quiet. All are quiet, except for Mark. Who now screams louder.

"Bastard", he lets out at me. "You are such a fucking bastard, you know that?! Of course you know that. How could you fu-"

Alec snaps his fingers and two bodyguards are holding Mark by his arms, one of the bodyguards muffing out the words Mark yells with a hand over his mouth. I wouldn't have liked this to happen in front of everyone else present, but I appreciate what Alec did. He knew what Mark was going to say. "How could you fuck Nessie."

"We'll take this to my office", I tell Mark, my voice colder than ever. For my brother taught me a thing or two about threatening. Mark goes quiet. So does everybody else present.

I make Alec a sign with my head for him to get Mark out of here. He nods and frees the two bodyguards, personally taking care of the guy. Who starts screaming and swearing again. Alec slips a leather glove on his hand, matching his all black tux. He then presses his hand on Mark's mouth, making him shut up. I give him a look asking if the glove was necessary. He only nods, stare not getting any warmer.

I remain downstairs as Alec drags Mark into one elevator. I assess the room. Two clients and five employees.

"Is everybody alright?", I ask around. They all nod. I head to Paige and ask her in particular if she's alright. She is the one Mark threatened. She nods and I ask someone to bring her a glass of water. I also tell her to take the day off and call my private secretary to replace Paige. Lara doesn't seem thrilled, but accepts. I take the clients in a private lobby and offer them some water. I explain as much of the situation as I can, lying of course, not giving any details about my private life. Most of the people working here know nothing about it. Why should my clients know? After they calmed down, we make an appointment in two days, for them to come back