Nico has a rubber duck?

A/N: Too lazy to edit, this one is actually kinda cute imo! So enjoy 

TW: Biting, blood

Will POV

There's a rubber duck.

I've just volunteered to live in a vampire's mansion, and he has a rubber duck in his bath.

Why is that cute?!

I've been in the bath for a long time and the waters getting cold, but I'm not quite ready to face my fate yet.

There's a gentle knock on the door. I hold my breath.

"Er... Wi..." It's Nico, he trails off saying my name as though correcting himself. Oh I forgot I told him he couldn't use my name.

"Are you okay? Your room is set up." I quickly get out of the tub almost tripping over myself as I grab a towel and wrap it around my body. I open the door.

"Sorry, I lost track of time" I pick my clothes off the ground and look up at him. Something seems different about him, instead of his usual pale olive skin his face is almost as red as a tomato.

Guess he's been getting some sunshine.

He starts walking, and I follow a safe distance behind him. We walk down the hall a little bit and he stops in front of a large door a couple over from the bathroom. He looks over at me with a worried expression.

"This one's next to my room if that's okay, it's the only one I had prepared." He scratches the back of his head nervously.

"That's... fine?" I tell him, confused why he's so worried. He opens the door and I walk inside. The room is very nice, with matching furniture this time and an even bigger bed.

Nico shuts the door behind him and for a second I panic thinking he locked me in, but the door's unlocked. Maybe he's really going to keep his promises this time. He did let me go.

I put on the clothes Nico left on bed, they're a bit small on me and not super comfortable but they'll work, at least till my clothes are dry. I hang them up on the foot of the bed and lay down. It's not really late enough to go to bed, but I've head a pretty stressful day and the rain makes it seem much darker outside. So I find myself slowly drifting off to sleep when there's a knock on my door, again.

"I brought you your dinner, May I come in?" I hear Nico yell from the hallway.

At the mention of food I'm instantly awake.

"Yeah, It's fine." The door creaks open and the vampire walks in carrying a bunch of different packages of food. He places them in front of me and I start to eat a granola bar. I ate breakfast today but trying to get here took up most of my day, including lunchtime.

"You know, I've never tried human food." Nico informs me breaking the silence of my awkward in bed dinner.

"You should try some" I blurt out. He pauses and then takes a seat next to me.

"What do you recommend?" He asks me staring at the array of packaged junk.

"Ironically, Twinkies are pretty good." I say sifting through the pile.

He laughs and I hand him one. With a pop he opens the package and hesitantly puts the whole thing in his mouth.

He looks like a chipmunk.

I try so hard not to, but I start laughing. He just looks so silly. Like a normal person goofing off.

When I look back up he's swallowed the Twinkie and is just kind of staring at me.