Will talks to horses (it's not what you think)

A/N: Oops stopped writing for a while and now I hate all my old writing but you know what? I'm still gonna write this because I love all of you and I've invested way too much time into this. So enjoy, updates might not be super fast Im very sorry but I'm very behind schedule outside of writing. 

And it's short again sorry ya'll

TW: mentions of suicide

Will POV

It's really not that bad.

The feeding and my situation.

I'm safe and we'll fed, with a roof over my head and no student debt to payoff. I mean technically I still owe the debt but what are they gonna do? Scour the globe, find Nico's gothic mansion and pry me from his hands?

I really am in his hands now, for better or worse. Ever since I came back to him, his grip has been tightening bit my bit, slowly but surely sealing me inside his grasp.

Still, I find myself liking the hold, the thrill of being held close. He's not hurting me and I'm not in the basement anymore, so really I have nothing to complain about.

Wow. The bar is pretty low.

The important thing is that I'm with Nico. Whether it's because he ripped the rest of my life to shreds, because I've developed Stockholm syndrome, or because I have a stupid huge crush on him is up for debate, but he's quickly become the most important and valuable thing in my life.

I turn the My Little Phony doll over in my hand, Nico bought a variety of toys for Dusty after I pestered him about neglecting the kid. Most of them are scattered around his room, turning the floor into a minefield of Legos and doll pieces. A few however have been deemed unworthy by the young boy and were thrown out into the hallway. Rainbow Dasher was among those. She was always my favourite, so I couldn't just let her sit there.

I smile down at the plastic toy, running a finger through her mane.

"What should I do Rainbow? I'm not as brave as you are, and I'm worried if I stay here I might not want to leave."

I pause for a moment, waiting for a response, before remembering that I'm delusional and talking to a plastic pegasus.

With a snort at my stupidity, I toss the horse aside, climbing off the floor and into my bed.

As I sit down there's a crunch below me.

I frown standing up to inspect to disturbance in my comfy bed.

It's a letter. With my name written in fancy lettering at the top. I examine it, and upon deciding it's most likely for me, I pull it open, careful not to rip the envelope too badly.

It smells like Nico.

Which is a weird thing to say but whatever, I feel like I've earned the right to be weird.

The letter if flawlessly folded, each crease matched up perfectly and flattened to the point where the paper simply unfolds by itself as soon as it's held up.

I run my eyes over the beautiful handwriting covering the page. Definitely Nico.

Dearest Will,

I am hoping that you will find this quickly, for I already wait in anticipation for you to read these words.

I must confess something.

Im well aware that I have done many a terrible thing to you, and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to make up for it. Im also sure that you have every reason to despise me.

Yet, you are here, you came back to the very same person that caused you harm and offered help.

You've chosen to stay with me here.

You've chosen me.

Forever.

I believe it will be easier and better explained in person, so please, upon finishing this letter meet me in the library.

Forever yours,

Nico di Angelo

I scan over it a few times, my heart beating fast in my chest.

It's a silly thought, but it almost sounds like a love letter.

However the other options for what this letter could mean are far more likely, and far more terrifying.

Maybe he doesn't need me anymore, and is going to kill me, or even worse send me back to the city.

Or he's trying to tell me that he doesn't like how much I've been trying to order him around, and he plans on putting me back in the basement.

The basement is the one thing I can't accept.

Anything but that, even death, would be better.

My grip tightens on the letter in determination.

I'm not going back in the basement. If that's what he says, I'll do whatever it takes. Whether that means fighting Nico, killing myself, or anything else.

I stand up from the ground, my legs like jello below me.

The letter drops on my bed and I walk out of the room.

The air around me is suddenly thick with dread and anticipation. It's hard to breathe and even harder to think.

The walk down the stairs feels like a marathon. Each step a terrible obstacle or great feat to overcome.

I almost turn back twice. The first time, when halfway down the steps the library came into view, and the second time when my heart started beating so hard I thought I'd throw up.

How dare he decide he doesn't need me, or that I'm too annoying, and also a letter? Really? That seems like a pretty terrible way to break up with someone. Even if that someone is just your roommate/blood bank/co-parent.

Newly fueled by spite at Nico for trying to break up over letter I take the last few steps down the stairs and turn into the library.

Inside stands Nico, a subtle smirk planted on his face.

"Why hello Will, finally made it down the stairs I see." He winks, beckoning me to the seat next to him.

My face burns hot red in an instant.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have sent me some vague break up letter then." I blurt out.

He tilts his head in confusion.

"What?" He rubs his eyes and smiles with what looks like endearment.

"Will, we are not even dating yet, why would I possibly break up with you?" He rolls his eyes.

Only one word sticks with me.

"Yet?" I ask him, hope seeping into my voice.

The vampire laughs warmly.

"Well I suppose I soiled the surprise but, um." He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly before taking a deep breath.

"I have feelings for you Will Solace."

His face explodes into a fierce blush and he pulls the bottom of his shirt over his head to hide it.

I don't know what to say.

A/N: "Say no" I know that's what soysauce is gonna say. But hey what do the rest of you think Will should do in this very complex situation?