Will and Nico pass some super cute notes

A/N: Too tired. Have early shift tmr, goodnight or good day.

TW: Murder, talk of death, victim blaming (kinda), gun violence.

Will Pov

It feels so good in Nico's arms I wanna cry.

After the whole situation with the vampire hunters and trying to figure out how to move forward, the vampire's arms feel like heaven.

Suddenly a giggle comes from behind Nico and I let go. Running around behind Nico is a small boy with wet hair and some really oversized gothic clothes. Nico frowns and grabs the boy's hand gently.

"Hey, go upstairs real quick, please, I'll be up there soon, you can read or something."

The kid runs up the stairs on all fours roaring like a dinosaur. I must look confused because Nico clears his throat.

"I'll tell about him in a moment, I think you have some explaining to do, Will." He doesn't sound upset, more like concerned. Then I remember why. The microphone. I walk past Nico and over to his set of drawers, grabbing some paper and a pen from the top self. He opens his mouth to ask a question but I put a finger up to mine and he gets the hint.

Quickly, I jot down a quick summary of what happened, from being kidnapped by the vampire hunters and then running away with the tracker, to realising it wasn't just a tracker but also a microphone and speaker when the leader (who's name is Nero) first spoke to me letting me know he was listening. How they could record and put out sound through my skin I have no idea, technology is developing fast I suppose.

When I finish I wait a little bit as Nico reads the rest, a frown slowly forming on his face. He grabs the pen from me.

'So I'm your Dad now?' He writes. I nod and Nico's frown grows.

'I'm sorry, If you want me to leave I will, I just wanted you to know your in danger, and why I didn't come back." Before I even finish writing he writes 'No'

'I want you to stay, Will, if you still want that. Although please don't decide until you hear this next part.'

I look up at him. His face is scrunched up as though he's in pain but I don't know how to make it better, so I nod. He starts writing slowly, crossing a bunch of things out and covering the paper so I can't read till he's done.

Finally he hands it to me. I read it through twice.

I shudder and Nico flinches. Now I know who the kid is. Someone he killed. Someone he killed because he was starving, because I didn't come back.

I try to hug him but he pulls away.

"I'm a monster, Will, if there was any doubt before here's the proof." He says it out loud completely forgetting the mic, so do I.

"It wasn't your fault, it was instant, besides he's alive anyways, you're not a monster." It's the truth. I don't think of Nico as a monster anymore. I haven't for awhile, I think of him a person now, a friend, with a good heart, but Nico shakes his head.

"You don't get it, Will," his eyes look so miserable, they're begging me to understand, to see him as he see's himself, as a monster. "I killed him, even if he turned I still took his life away." He looks down and then back up at me brown eyes piercing my blue ones.

"It could have been you on that road, and I don't think it would have mattered."

My heart sinks.

He thinks he would have killed me.

I shake my head hard.

"You would have controlled yourself. Even on the first day you broke through to protect me, and you didn't even know me then, you wouldn't have killed me yesterday, but umm we should definitely talk about the kid." I laugh awkwardly but it makes Nico smile a bit so it's worth it.

For some reason every time I make him smile it feels like I've done something incredibly special, like I've just changed the world for the better.

I'm snapped out of my euphoria with a voice blasting through the air, and my skin.

"Willy? Who are you talking to? Are you in danger? Don't worry I'm on my way!"

Shoot.

I look up at my friend, biting my lip in worry.

He smiles calmly, though I can tell the gears in his head are turning.

"Don't worry, Will, I'll handle this, I've dealt with vampire hunters before."

I don't like the sound of that at all but he gestures for me to go upstairs so I do. I wait up there as the door opens and I'm assuming Nero walks in.

Until I hear a gunshot.

I run back down the stairs tripping several times over my own feet on the tiny stairs and immediately looking for Nico. I spot him in the kitchen back pressed against the wall, luckily he's not injured, but across from him is Nero, yelling and holding a huge gun up towards my vampire.

"STOP!" Someone screams breaking through the argument the two are having, and after a second I realise it was me. Nero turns to me and so does Nico a terrified look in his eyes.

"This is a dangerous creature, Will, back away." He turns back to Nico lifting the gun again.

Shoot shoot shoot.

I can't let him shoot. I can't let him hurt Nico, despite what my better judgment is saying.

"Please don't kill him." My voice comes out weak and squeaky, but I'm still standing tall. Nero looks over at me. His eyes scan me up and down, probably wondering how I could be so stupid, but he lowers his gun.

"You fall for this one, Willy?" I tense a bit at the nickname and then I nod. Nero sighs dropping his gun to the ground with a crack as the tile breaks. Nico makes a small upset sound behind him at the tile being broken but then it dawns on him that he has bigger issues and he shuts up.

"I knew you were a bit dumb, but really? Falling in love with a vampire? He's gonna kill you, Willy, you'll be his boyfriend one second and food the next." He keeps lecturing me but only two words resonate: Love and boyfriend. When I said I'd fallen for him I meant as a friend, that I felt bad for the vampire, but as warmth fills my cheeks I decide that he's not wrong. I think I do like Nico as a bit more than a pal, but this is some pretty terrible time for some self discovery so I snap out of it.

Nero finished up his speech and then looks between us.

"I'll leave the beast be for now, and I'll turn the microphone off, but should he try to hurt you, Willy, I'll be back with a stake." Nero picks up his gun and walks out the front door. Leaving Nico and I to sit in shock, adrenaline wearing off slowly.

"Holy ship, I could have died." I whisper as it finally sets in. Nico laughs a bit.

"I wouldn't have let you die." He replies.

And for a now known reason, my heart flutters.