BREAKING NEWS: Local author finally writes a chapter

A/N: this one is a turning point into slightly darker territory, for those of you who've been waiting for that yay, we're the same kind of insane, don't worry though, I'm still a sucker for fluff so we'll have plenty of that.

CW: Victim blaming (kinda), emotional manipulation (not really on purpose though), panic attacks, possessive behavior. 

Will P.O.V

I love kids.

I do, I swear, but why is it they refuse to eat anything but eggs waffles? For every last meal of the day?

Or maybe that's just Dusty.

It's worked okay for the past few days since Nico went to buy some food, but now we're almost out again, and I'm becoming worried about the nutrition of eating waffles and nothing else.

Then there's Nico, who is quite likely long overdue for a feeding, oven after Dusty, but he doesn't bring it up, and neither do I. We spend our time taking care of Dusty and talking to each other about anything and everything. It quickly becomes my mission to make the moody vampire smile, and I works, he smiles more often, even laughs some times, and he's more touchy than he was before. Not a huge difference, just a little hand grab when we walk downstairs, or he'll sit much closer than he needs to on the couch, his breath warm on my neck and my arms covered in goosebumps from his touch.

The only issue is that even in a mansion with two vampires and a magical butler, there's still not much to do, and as much as I try to fight It boredom swiftly creeps up on me.

I turn to Nico, who's sitting on the couch next to me clutching a parenting book and laying his head on my shoulder. He's colder than he usually is, but I chalk it up to the fact that it's still winter.

"Nico?"

He lifts his head from my shoulder his brown eyes look like chocolate pools in the low light of the library.

He smiles at me, and just like every time he does, my heart skips a beat.

"What is it my Will?" He whispers.

"We're pretty much out of waffles for Dusty, and I'm getting kinda antsy stuck in the house, so I think I'll drive into the city today, grab some food for Dusty and walk in the park or something." I start to get up but grip around my wrist pulls me down.

"No"

I turn to him. His smile has faded and been replaced by a tight frown. I match it with a frown of my own. He can't just make me stay.

"What do you mean, 'no'?" I try to pull my hand from his grasp but he just strengthens his hold.

"I don't want you leaving, I'll send Jules to get food."

I gasp as the pulls me off the couch and starts walking pulling me behind him.

"Nico, you can't just keep me here." I again try to pull from his hand but he's far too strong.

"I did it before didn't I?" He mutters, barley audible.

Then I realise where he's taking me.

The dungeon.

Oh gods, no no no.

"NO! NO, NO, NO! I WON'T GO BACK, STOP."

I thrash and pull trying to free my hand, it doesn't work but Nico stops. Turning to me with what looks like worry in his eyes.

"What?" He tilts his head before he seems to deduce what's going on. He grabs my other hand pulling my towards him. I pull violently, unable to see him through my tears.

"Will, I'm not bringing you back down there, I'm never putting you down there again."

I stop pulling at him a bit but I'm shaking and the tears don't stop so easily.

He lets go of my hands and they drop to my sides as Nico wraps his arms around me.

It feels so nice, even though his body is cold.

"I'm so sorry Will, I promise, I was just taking you to ask Jules to get groceries"

I nod into his shoulder.

I just misunderstood. I let out a shaky breath in relief.

I know it's not good, getting comfort from the very person who caused the pain, but I don't really care at this point. My life is already in pieces after all, and despite being the person who shattered it, Nico's the only one who can put it back together.

Put me back together.

He lets go of me and I slide onto the floor, feeling as Nico sits down next to me.

"Why won't you let me go?" I ask as soon as I regain speech.

Nico runs his hand through my hair, as I often do for him.

"I want you here with me, besides last time I let you out, you took two days to come back. How do I know you'd come come back when you say you will, or at all." His words are softly spoken but his tone is like poison.

I could argue that I got kidnapped, but in a way he's right, I said I'd be back in before the end of the day and I wasn't. He's right not to trust my word, but it's still not his choice.

"You can't stop me Nico, I care about you and I plan on staying here, but I'm a human, I need more social interaction than you, a little kid, and a butler who hates me." I chuckle a bit at the last part but Nico is clearly not amused.

"I said no, Will, and you're going to have to learn to accept my decisions. You have no car, no money, and no home outside of this one, I understand that you think you need other people, but you don't. I'm enough, I have to be enough, Will." His hand slides through my hair softly as I start shaking again.

I can't argue with him, he's right. Without his permission, car, and money, I have no way of getting to the city or buying anything.

It dawns upon me how selfish I'm being. Nico has taken me in, given me a home, food, and made me smile everyday, and he promised not to bring me to the basement again. I have no real reason to complain.

I nod softly and Nico smiles, wrapping his arms around me again.

I lean into the hug and just sit there for awhile.

Something has changed, and I don't know if it's for the better or worse.

But something, something about Nico, has definitely changed.

A/N: I wrote this in like an hour so it's probably garbage tbh, anyways like I said it'll get darker from here, but estilo very fluffy ❤️ I promise I will be more consistent with writing I'm just very behind on work right now.