13. Muse

DO NOT HESITATE
TO VOTE AND COMMENT
I LOVE READING YOUR REACTIONS

you can read the chapter with the song available in the media for a better experience

❤️

You were in New York for a conference about your research and even though you travelled the world to talk about it again and again, you were never fed up... You loved your work, you loved what you were doing. You felt deep fulfillment by using your knowledge in medicine to help women all around the world.

Last questions, last applause, last thanks, and the stage was finally yours no more. A tired sigh escaped your lips as you hurried to the restroom, where you carefully applied a coat of bold red lipstick and looking at your outfits one lastime.

 A tired sigh escaped your lips as you hurried to the restroom, where you carefully applied a coat of bold red lipstick and looking at your outfits one lastime

The rhythm of your heels echoed along the corridors as you made your way to the conference hotel's exit.

And there he stood, under an umbrella, patiently waiting for you. Your gaze shifted from him to the rainy sky for a fleeting moment before you dashed towards him, finding shelter under the umbrella he held.

"Miss L/N, you look stunning in black, his voice carried a husky note, breaking the silence between you two."

A soft smile played on your lips as you accepted the compliment, using the chance to look at him more closely.

His black hair was neatly slicked back, giving him a professional and put-together look. It was almost as if each strand was in perfect order, mirroring the meticulousness of his work as a lawyer. He wore a beige trench that matched his black turtleneck. His sharp, well-defined features gave him an air of confidence that couldn't be ignored. It was his intense gaze that caught your attention the most when you first met Higuruma Hiromi few weeks ago in a coffee shop.

He's undeniably handsome, charming, kind and intelligent, but your heart remains untouched... you couldn't find the connection your heart seeks. This date was just another attempt to see if you could find that connection with him.

"Shall we?, he tilted his head by showing the way to your date's location.
– With pleasure, you wrapped your arm around his."

Hiromi really wanted to see this new art exhibition at this famous art gallery in NY. Though unfamiliar with the artist, the name "Kamo" had been on everyone's lips lately. It was his artistic pseudonym, and his popularity had ignited conversations wherever you turned.

As you and Hiromi strolled along, your conversation flowed effortlessly. The gallery's opening was tonight, and your anticipation had been building; you hoped to catch a glimpse of the artist himself.

"Would you be interested in grabbing a meal after?, Hiromi asked with his loyal nonchalant attitude.
– Absolutely! I've been wanting to try that Italian restaurant on Bleecker Street, you responded with genuine enthusiasm.
– Consider it a plan, then, Hiromi's smile was warm."

Lost in conversation, you hadn't realized that you'd already arrived at the bustling gallery.

"Seems like it's quite the turnout, Hiromi observed as he carefully closed his umbrella."

Inside the gallery, you and Hiromi explored the art together. The place was buzzing with people, including journalists. The pieces were a feast for the eyes, they were all captivating and full of emotions. Yet, you found yourself stopping at a particular painting that held your gaze.

Memories of a day at the beach with your ex, Choso, flooded back. The painting bore a striking resemblance to a photograph he had taken of you against the backdrop of the ocean. The waves of emotion caught you off guard, and you momentarily lost yourself in the past. Feeling a sudden sadness and a twinge of regret.

"Is there something special about this one?, asked softly Hiromi who noticed your pensive expression.
– Just reminded me a memory from the past, you replied with a small smile.
– Oh, this one is quite famous. Kamo is quite secretive about his personal life so, everyone's wondering who the girl is in this abstract portrait, added Hiromi. I think there is a huge feeling of nostalgia that emanates from this canvas with the colours, the shapes..."

But your attention had slipped away from his words. A sudden pang of anxiety gnawed at you from the inside. Slowly, you turned your gaze, scanning the surroundings. Then, it was as if your heart stopped.

There he was, standing at the opposite end of the room, his presence like a shockwave through the crowd.

Choso.

His widened eyes met yours, a glass of champagne suspended midway to his lips.

In that heartbeat of a moment, it felt as if everything around you had dissolved, and it was just the two of you. A thousand emotions surged within you. The room seemed to fade away, and it was as if the present moment collided with the past.

Choso's gaze locked onto yours, his eyes reflecting a mix of surprise, disbelief, and something else you couldn't quite put into words. For a moment, it felt like the world stood still, as if the tumultuous years since your breakup had never happened.

Your pulse quickened, and a torrent of memories flooded your mind – the laughter you once shared, the way his hand felt in yours, the warmth of his kissed.

Hiromi's voice pulled you back to the present moment, and you realized he was still talking.

"...and the artist's use of colors really creates an emotional depth that's quite remarkable.
– Yeah, the colors really do draw you in, you managed to reply, your voice slightly shaky."

You stole another glance towards where Choso had been standing, but he was gone.

"Are you alright? You seem a bit distant, Hiromi noticed concerned.
– Yeah, just got lost in thought for a moment, You nodded, forcing a smile. Hmm, you mind if I go out for a moment, it's too crowded I can't breath...
– Do you want me to come along ?, Hiromi asked worried, putting his hands on your shoulder to check on you.
– It's okay don't worry, I just need some air, you replied.
– Hmm, okay, mumbled Hiromi with a comforting smile."

You nod again before leaving him for a moment.

You desperately needed some air after what happened. Your heart was still beating so fast, it was nearly hurting you.

And when your turned around, you bumped against someone's chest...

"I can't believe you're here, a voice, Choso's voice."

It took you an incredible amount of strength to not burst into tears.

I hope you liked the first chapter of the szn 2yeahhh, quite short but don't worry about it and be read for the rollercoaster of emotions which is coming!!

yeahhh, quite short but don't worry about it and be read for the rollercoaster of emotions which is coming!!

yes I am guilty, I am gonna use Hiromi as your rebound and I let you think it was Choso at first 🤭🤭🤭
WE NEED SOME DRAMAS ✋🏻
OKAY ✋🏻