14. Reunion

credit to : nn14dd on twitter

DO NOT HESITATE
TO VOTE AND COMMENT
I LOVE READING YOUR REACTIONS

you can read the chapter with the song available in the media for a better experience

❤️

You were alone in the apartment you just rented for your stay in New York... Thinking about last night. Choso's expression when you met again didn't left your mind and the thing that pissed you so off is that you didn't had the time to talk with him.

It was Hiromi who had disrupted that moment. Normally so stoic, his face had lit up like a fanboy at the sight of Choso. The wide smile he wore in the picture they took triggered a pang of jealousy – a smile that Choso had once reserved for you.

"I still have the same number."

That's what Choso whispered to your ears before leaving you with your date to go back inside the exhibit.

Sitting lost in thought, you debated whether calling him was a good idea. Memories of your separation with no explanations from your part resurfaced, causing a pang of guilt. The breakup had left a hole in your heart, and perhaps that void was why you struggled to feel anything romantic for Hiromi, despite his being the ideal partner your parents had always wanted for you : a kind man with good reputation, a respectful job and a nice face.

The clock suddenly caught your eye – it was already 10 pm. Acting on impulse, you dialed Choso's number, of course you knew it by heart. There was no room for regrets now.

Beep, beep, beep...

"Don't take it, don't take it, don't take it, you murmured in repeat while it was beeping.
– Yeah ?, his beautiful husky voice, so missed, pierced the silence."

Your heart raced, and you closed your eyes, steadying your breath otherwise you'd faint.

"H-Hi..., gathering your wits, you stammered out a greeting,
– Y/N, he chuckled softly, didn't expect your call. Glad to know I'm not forgotten."

The sound of his laughter released the butterflies that had been caged within you since yesterday. You missed this sensation more than you realized.

"Don't say that..., you mumbled, your voice soft."

He chuckled again before sighing, the weight of his breath carrying through the line.