CHAPTER 2√

Donovan

The view was breathtaking but it wasn't so gorgeous for Donovan Phoeb. The clouds covered part of the moon and the chill of the wind was perfect for couples cuddling. It was sad and lonely for him. He looked into the woods which surrounded his home that he shared with his pack and two newly mated wolves held each other dearly, sharing a shy kiss here and there. He moved to walk back into his bedroom and off the terrace. He shut the doors behind him and looked around him, his empty room suddenly felt so much colder. He felt the ever comforting presence of his wolf as he tried to make his worries and depressed thoughts evaporate.

~Do not be so sad, we will find our mate soon.

~Yes, but how soon is soon?

~Patience is a virtue.

Donovan rolled his eyes at his ever so patient wolf,he wondered how such a fiercely loving and territorial animal could muster so much patience when he could barely hold it together.

He rubbed his eyes ready to go to bed. He looked up at the door as a knock came. He walked over with a sigh and opened the door to see Toby, a young and shy wolf. His hair flopped in his face as he glanced at Donovan's muscular chest before toeing the floor with a blush spreading from his cheeks to his exposed neck.

"G-good evening, Alpha, " he whispered and Donovan couldn't help but smile at the adorable little creature before him.

"Evening, Toby." He answered strongly in his deep baritone voice, "What can I do for you?" Toby looked at the stairs before looking at the floor and puckering his lips slightly in thought.

"Um... We-we were wondering if you would like t-to come watch a movie with us? "

"We?" Donovan raised a brow at the teenager. He was only 19,getting ready to go to college soon.

"Jaz, Adam and Winston. " Donovan sighed,of course, Winston, his trusted Beta and best friend has always been trying to get Donovan involved much to his disapproval and he always sent Toby knowing that it was difficult for him to say no to the cute little guy. He was rather small for his age but still very mature.

"Okay, I will be there in a few minutes." Toby looked up at him with a smile, revealing a his cute chin dimple. His grey eyes sparkled with glee.

"Okay!" he basically cheered before bolting for the stairs leaving Donovan chuckling as he went inside to change.

The night had been young but Donovan could not for the life of him keep his eyes open long enough to view their movie choices, yes, they had selected 4 and they had only just began the second one which was chosen by Jaz. He blinked and stiffled a yawn before leaning against the couch. Toby looked up at him from his seat by the floor with a blush before turning back to the movie. He sighed and decided not to stay any longer. He stood.

"Good night, " he said with a tired voice.

"So soon?" Winston inquired from the other side. His eyes narrow in question. He was basically telling Donovan to sit back down with his gaze. Donovan chuckled weakly.

"I'm tired, Winston. " He stated simply and sighed heavily with a yawn he could not hold back.

"G'night," he said and Toby gave a soft 'good night,' while Jaz snored away on the floor by Toby making them all chuckle.

The sun was up and there was no time for any Tom foolery. Donovan stood tall in front of the newly shifted pups. They giggled and chased each other, so innocent and so full of energy. He could almost imagine when he was so small and playful. He smiled briefly before turning serious.