CHAPTER 15√

Elijah

The crowd had been huge and everyone was so nice to him. He couldn't imagine how difficult it was to lead all these people. Elijah was elated to be honest. He felt so very much...at home. He was enjoying the company of all of him. These people, he was to be their family, join them as one. He felt honoured. Now however, he felt useless. He knew that they were only trying to protect him but, he was a curious soul, he never liked not knowing or at least having a slight clue on a situation, he had found that out about himself in the few days of being here in the pack. Mostly,he learned about his trait because he was in the dim dark about his own dreams,or rather,what he assumed were dreams.

He heard everything the new arrivals had to say when the silence enveloped them all.

He stared at the huge wall of muscle which belonged to the warrior named Carlo. Elijah jumped, trying to get a glimpse at the new comers. He couldn't which made him pout,if he wasn't so short and if there wasn't such a huge crowd in front of him, he was sure he would see even a glimpse of what was happening,or what the intruders look like. He looked down then glanced at them. He didn't really believe he would fit between the warrior's parted legs. There wasn't much space. He huffed before an idea struck.

He felt the familiar tug in his stomach as he lifted his hands and made a parting motion, he manipulated the wind, bending it to his will and the warrior's in front of him stumbled to the side.

He bolted for the front of the crowd and he could tell from their worried glances that he wasn't meant to be hearing any of what was said.

"Elijah. " he froze as he looked at the two people standing alone, away from the group of wolves. He caught Donovan's gaze which looked non too happy. He brushed it off with the mindset of fixing it later. If they were here because of him, then he needed to hear it all. The girl turned to him and their eyes connected. She beamed, "Elijah!"  she took a step forward as if to run at him when the entire crowd growled and suddenly he was surrounded again. He was stunned. This group was not one to mess with. Wow, really? He thought as he looked at them from behind. They gave apologetic smiles and he rolled his eyes and pushed through the ones in front.

"How do you know my name? " he asked immediately. Donovan was casting glances at them.

"You don't..."  she tried to move closer with a look of hurt upon her beautiful face. Her brother caught her arm and gave her a warning look.

"Alpha, we can't listen to them, kill them before they kill us! There could be an entire squad of them waiting, for all we know. " Elijah glanced at the person who voiced her opinion, it was Maisey. Her large nose was scrunched up and a look of anger crossed her face when she met Elijah's eyes.

"We aren't here to kill you, besides, it would be stupid to attack when you are all here in one place and there is only two of us. " Synthia remarked bitterly. Elijah studied her defensive stance and something about it was familiar but not so familiar.

"Calm down, nobody is killing anybody."  He surprised even himself with the commanding tone that he took on. The pack exhaled, seeming to relax all at once. Even Synthia relaxed slightly.

"So, you're reason for being on my land, without any permission, is Elijah? " Donovan says with a tilt of his head.

"Yes, Alpha, I am his protector."  The crowd begins to murmur in hush voices.

Elijah caught bits and piece's of the murmurs which all mainly ask how it could be possible.

"How is that possible? Hunters protecting what they hunt? It cant be possible, " Someone says in disbelief. Elijah felt his curiosity heighten. Why isn't it possible? He asked himself, his eyes fixed on the two hunters