CHAPTER 9√

Donovan

He had never felt so refreshed in all his years on this earth, he can only now say that this was truly a good night sleep. Now he understood why the mated wolves woke up with a smile and were always so full of energy. Everything felt different, he knew that there would be no way he would be able to sleep without his little angel snuggled up by him. He looked down with content as Elijah tried getting closer, seeming to seek more of his warmth which he would happily give, and he did, by pulling him closer to him. He didn't want to move, or rather his body wouldn't allow it, not that he even wanted to.

He watched as his angel shifted then his eyes fluttered open softly, his long lashes caressing his cheek then beautiful blue eyes flickered  to silver and back stared up at him. He looked down at his bare chest then back up and Donovan grinned at him, his eyes sparkling with glee. He has never felt so happy, satisfied. He chuckled, if it felt this good just being in the same bed, I can't wait to find out how great it would be to mate with him, he thought. His wolf stared panting to the idea, he was ecstatic at the prospect of having his mate under him while he mounted his tight behind. Donovan felt his morning wood harden and a giggle sounded below him.

"Morning," Elijah smiled beautifully at him.

"Morning, " He beamed. He closed his eyes with a soft sigh and snuggled into Donovan's wide chest. Donovan chuckled at his cuteness. Elijah opened one eye and looked up at him before letting out a cute huff. He was about to speak when a knock sounded making Donovan groan.

"Who is it? " his gruff voice filled with annoyance. Elijah turned to the door, blankets clutched to his body tightly. It clicked open and a girl with long blonde hair which was pulled back in a pony tail peaked in. She smiled widely once her eyes settled on Elijah," What is it Carrin? " she stepped fully inside and shrugged.

"Just, you know, checking up on you." Donovan narrowed his eyes and she giggled, "Hello, Elijah!"  she waved.

"Hi. " he said lowly though she heard him loud and clear.

"Get out, Carrin."  her smile turned into a pout and she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Fine, be that way. " she turned, whipping her pony tail, "I'll just tell dad you're ignoring me again." Donovan paled before narrowing her eyes.

"You wouldn't,"  she snorted and looked at him over her shoulder. "Fine, I'll be down in a few minutes."  Donovan sighed, falling back onto the bed.

"Your little sister? " Donovan nods and turns over.

"A joy, isn't she? I also have an older sister,you should meet her...after she gives birth that is."  Elijah giggled before sitting up and stretching. "Hungry?"  He asked and Elijah nodded in reply as he looked around the huge room. Donovan stretched and stood up to his full height. "Let's go then." he reached for Elijah's hand which he took without hesitation. They make their way to the bathroom first and Donovan hands him a tooth brush. Donovan couldn't help the smile which arose on his face. Everything felt so natural, so right as Elijah and him brushed their teeth. Elijah was humming and his legs were moving and Donovan watched amused.

"What are you doing? " he asked, his voice filled with laughter. Elijah blushed and shook his head.

"Brushing my teeth,"  he said it as though it were so obvious. They finished up and Donovan gave Elijah a shirt he hoped would fit him with some slacks. The shirt hung of his shoulder but he smiled brightly, his eyes sparkling with glee. He went for the door leaving Donovan behind. Donovan bolted after him with worry. He didn't want to risk him getting scared by the crowd that was always present in the kitchen in the morning.