CHAPTER 12√

Donovan

The morning came. He watched his mate snuggle closer to him. He smiled softly and traced his pointer finger on his cheek down to his chin. Donovan felt so happy, so content, he had no desire to move but he had to, as much as he didn't feel like it, he had to help train the new warriors this morning. Having found his mate he had spent more time around Elijah, but only so he wouldn't freak out around his family. Now that they were certain that he wouldn't he had his Alpha duties to take care of. Slowly he detached himself from his little koala bear and headed for the bathroom.

His morning wood caused a groan to escape his lips as he turned on the shower. He stripped down and entered the cold shower. He shivered as the cold water hit his warm skin. With his heightened hearing he heard the soft snore of his mate in the other room. He began to wash himself while his morning wood went down. He paused when light footsteps made themselves present and a click of the door. He chuckled and shook his head as he turned the water off. He reached out the shower and took the black towel. He got out to see Elijah smiling from the counter top of the basin, a tooth brush in his mouth.

"Morning! " Elijah cheered with toothpaste in his mouth so it sounded gurgled. Donovan smiled brilliantly.

"Morning, Elijah." he stepped forward and began brushing his teeth as well. He couldn't be any happier at this moment. He stood between Elijah's parted legs and they gazed into one another's eyes with happiness.

"Why didn't you wake me? " Elijah pouted. Donovan shook his head, Elijah was something out of the ordinary, he could seem so childish at times and then so serious it would surprise you, but he didn't mind. Donovan enjoyed it though, because it was who he was at heart, the fact that Elijah was so comfortable around him, with him, made him proud. He wouldn't have it any other way.

"Thought you might want the extra minutes... Besides it's too early for you to be up. " he tapped his nose and Elijah giggled before wrapping his arms around Donovan's neck.

"Well, I don't!" he pressed his lips against Donovan's ever so softly. It was so innocent and so pure, Donovan felt his morning wood slowly return. He groaned and leaned further into his mate, pressing their lips together harder, he flickered his tongue out and traced it along Elijah's bottom lip, asking for entrance which he gladly gave. Donovan groaned as he swirled his tongue inside of his mates mouth, who whimpered with need. Donovan wrapped his arms around his waist and pulled him closer. Elijah let out a moan and ran his hand up Donovan's neck into his hair. Donovan was on cloud nine, he could honestly say that he would shoot his load into his pants at how good it felt. He could only just imagine when they finally complete the mating. He pulled away and Elijah followed wanting more.

"I have to.." he lost his train of thought as Elijah attacked his neck, he groaned and grabbed a fist full of Elijah's long main. "Elijah..." he whispered and Elijah pulled away, his lips red and bruised. Donovan felt his wolf clawing for control. Seeing his mate so breathless and filled with desire was messing with his head and it was testing his patience. "I have to train the new warriors." Elijah nodded with a smile and leaned in, kissing him. Donovan bit Elijah's lip and he moaned.

"Have...fun. " Elijah said breathless before pushing him away and stepping down from the counter. Donovan stared dazed as the little tease shimmied out of his boxers. Donovan shut his eyes and turned to the door leaving Elijah in a fit of laughter.

"Bloody tease," Donovan grumbled as he went to get dressed.

Donovan narrowed his eyes as Carrin tried to sneak passed them with Elijah in tow. He watched as she attempted to be sneaky, pulling his arm. Elijah was smiling and shaking his head. Donovan folded his arms.

"And where do you think you are taking him? " they stopped and Elijah giggled. Carrin paled and turned slowly in his directions.

"Hey, Don! Wow, you look great! Is that a new shirt?" Donovan looked down at his red sleeveless shirt then back at her nervous smile. Elijah stood watching, when their eyes connected Elijah winked. Donovan shook his head, he is becoming trouble.

"Not that I can recall... Again, where are you taking him?" Carrin turned to Elijah with a pleading look.

"She wants to take me to the mall! " he said cheerfully. Donovan raised a brow.

"You want to go?" he asked Elijah who nodded furiously. He stepped closer and turned to Carrin who nodded his way. Elijah turned back to Donovan and bat his eyelashes and pouted.

"Please? " he said softly. The room erupted in soft laughter as Donovan stared with conflict. "Please, Donovan? Please, may I go? "

"Oh! You are whipped!" Donovan glared at Arson and flipped him off before turning to a still pouting Elijah with a sigh.

"If you really want to." Elijah beamed before kissing his lips briefly. Donovan pouted and Elijah giggled in reply. Donovan walked to the counter in the kitchen and unlocked it before he took out a golden credit card and handed it to Elijah who stared at it. He bit his lip before glancing at him. Donovan smirked with amusement. "Unlimited credit card." Elijah tilted his head and Carrin squealed.

"My god! Elijah come on! We have shopping to do! " she squealed and then she grabbed onto Elijah's wrist and pulled him along.

"Be careful with him, Carrin!!" Donovan commanded.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." The door slammed shut. Donovan turned to the group of warriors who so subtly pretended to be interested with their breakfast. He rolled his eyes.

"Oh, shut up!" they burst into laughter and he couldn't help the smile that threatened to escape. He caught the eye of Arson who was just as amused but seemed so sad. He furrowed his brows and sent out:

~What's wrong?

~Nothing, Alpha... Just...wish I found my mate. He sighed and stood before leaving the kitchen, going outside. Donovan then made a mental note to talk to him as his friend, not just his Alpha.

Practice went on for several hours. Donovan folded his arms over his bare chest and with satisfaction he watched the warriors battle each other. He felt proud of his pack for being so determined. He clapped his hands.

"Well, done!" they all panted and a few fell to the ground with lazy smiles, the pride was evident in their eyes,"Alright, training is over for today, we don't need you to exhausted yourselves any further. Go, have some fun with your families."

"Yes, Alpha! " they said in unison some move along while others remain on the floor. The purr of a car grabbed their attention and Donovan turned to the sound with excitement grasping at his heart. He wanted to see his mate, his wolf had been whining after the first two hours of training wishing that Elijah was watching at least, the Alpha wolf wanted to tease and show his mate what he had to offer.

Elijah got out from the car and it seemed that everyone's jaw, including Donovan's, dropped to the floor. Elijah did not just go shopping, he got a make over. It was nothing to big but it was noticeable. Donovan growled deep in his chest as he watched his mate stroll over with new found confidence. His hair was cut to his shoulder and it looked shinier and healthy and full with soft waves. His clothes looked far from cheap. Donovan could see how his eyes sparkled with mischief. Elijah walked like he was on the run way, swaying his hips and he stopped right in front of Donovan, so close their chests were touching.

"Hey, babe. " Donovan swallowed, his mouth suddenly dry at the sound of his mates husky tone. He stared deep into his eyes and he clenched his fists.

~Just this once, Donovan! I want to feel him! Taste him! His wolf growled out, clawing for freedom.

"Elijah, you...you look amazing. " his voice was rough yet soft. Elijah shivered. He leaned in and put his hand on his chest and stood on his toes so he could reach Donovan's ear.

"I missed you so much," He whispered so seductively Donovan was about to combust. He grabbed onto his waist and pulled him closer to his chest. Donovan ran his nose along Elijah's neck, memorising his scent, basking in the feel of his mate. He kissed the base of his neck where he would soon leave his mark shall he continue testing him. Oh, I am in trouble with this one. Elijah giggled as though he could read his mind, although with the power he has, Donovan wouldn't be a surprise.