CHAPTER 22√

Donovan

"I don't get how they got so close. " he voiced his thoughts as Elijah walked out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist, water dripped down his lean body disappearing into the happy trail. Donovan shook his head and tried blocking out his sexual thoughts, now was not the time, they had already fucked in the shower, he needed to give his mate some time, but not to much time.

"I was thinking the same thing. " Elijah confessed as he came and sat on Donovan's lap, having his gorgeous bubble butt directly on his crouch making Donovan glare at his teasing mate who gave an innocent pout.

"We're going to have to have a meeting with everyone on patrol duty today, like now. "

"I agree, time to fish out some answers!"  he stood up and Donovan watched with amusement as his mate went and took his large shirt and pulling it over his head but not before teasing him by letting the towel fall, exposing his delectable bottom. Donovan growled.

"Tease! " he stood and got dressed himself, it was a comfortable silence he didn't want to break but did anyway," Elijah? " he hummed in response,"How long have you known about Carrin? " there was silence and then Donovan saw his arms wrap around his torso.

"I wanted to tell you, I swear but, it wasn't my place and she was afraid of your rejection."  Donovan turned to face a glassy eyes mate, he sighed and wrapped his arms around his mate.

"I am not mad, not completely anyway. "He admits," I just wish she'd said something, I am her brother after all, even if we don't share a father, I grew up with her, watched her grow, would have thought I meant something to her. Did she honestly not trust me enough to tell me? " Elijah tightened his arms around him.

"It is not because she did not trust you, she was afraid, you have to understand and see it from her view. Growing up in a pack, believing that your going to be a wolf just like your family and then not, is difficult. Then one day your eyes just change and you shift unexpectedly, thinking you would never shift in your life, it isn't easy. Especially considering how differently she was being treated. She went all her life thinking she was abnormal or rather too normal, everyone her own age treated her differently because she didn't shift. " Donovan furrowed his eyes.

"I didn't know that."

"Exactly. " Donovan sighed.

"I thought she just preferred to be alone."  Elijah narrowed his eyes at her.

"Ever heard of observation skills? 'cause hon, you be lacking, " Donovan laughed at his mates attempt to mimic an accent he couldn't place. "This ain't funny, we gon'  work on that. " Donovan shook his head and they made their way out of the bedroom.

>Everyone who was on patrol earlier today before the attack, report to my office, now!  He demanded and a chorus of 'yes, sir'  rang out as he went to his office. He watched as Elijah sat in his large chair, getting comfy but also looking small in it but still very intimidating. Donovan shook his head as he stood by the desk and the 9 people came in. Donovan looked through them,Arson, Caleb, Jorge, Andrew, Kellan, Matt, Ricardo, Richard, and finally Cassia.

"Who is missing? "

"Fabio, Angelina and Mitch." Cassia, her voice strong yet feminine.

"Why? "

"They were badly injured before the attack." Jorge explained. Donovan looked back at Elijah who stood. He nodded his head at the group who bowed slightly.

"Alpha, " they said respectfully as he took his leave. Donovan turned to the group.

"They were in charge of the Northern perimeter?"