CHAPTER 25√

Elijah

He couldn't believe his eyes nor could he fathom the situation. Catherine? Could that honestly be her? He thought to himself. Everything had started off so well and now this. He clenched his jaw.

"Oh, silly boy, " the soft and silky tone voiced from Catherine's body. Elijah understood. It may be Catherine's body but the life force which willed it to move and smile and grin and laugh was not that of Catherine. There was an undertone of Catherine in the voice but more of somebody else. "You can't have forgotten me already." she walked further and Elijah assessed her.

The walk was different, a sort of gliding motion, her hips sashayed and her aura was dark, and powerful and full of anger and loathing. Something about her walk and her evil smile caused Elijah's subconscious stir. Then he noticed the bump. He could sense it, the life which was forming in that body.

"You should be ashamed of yourself, " Elijah spat out, fury rolling off of him in waves.

"I should?" she laughed, "If anyone should be ashamed, it should be you." she glared fiercely.

"Why should I be ashamed? "

"Countless things my dearest, nephew." She smirked and Elijah's eyes widened.

"Nephew?" she groaned and stomped the floor, a wall of black smoke rose and formed a tiger then it became an image of a woman with long white hair which cascaded down her body all the way to the end of her bum and her blue eyes, another woman appeared by her side similar  to the first woman except for the brown hair which reached her shoulders with the single strip of white and the beauty mark on the bridge of her nose and she looked older. "Mother?" Elijah withheld himself from reaching out. "What? You're... sisters?"

"Oh, Elijah, it took you long enough. " the air sizzled and she laughed, her body began to levitate in the air, she looked down at him and asked," Now that you understand, shall we pick up from where we left off? 16 years ago."

Narrator

There was no denying it now. He was completely and utterly hopeless, he could feel his will breaking as he had to just watch his mate take on the threat all by himself. They couldn't hear anything and it bothered Donovan even more. He stood his pack right behind him, their helplessness radiating in waves. There was nothing they could do but wait and see. They watched through the transparent and inky black dome as Elijah levitated off the ground, meeting his enemy head on. Donovan couldn't understand why his mother was doing this, and how she was a caster,it didn't make sense.

A hand rested on Donovan's shoulder but he didn't dare take his eyes off his mate.

"That isn't your mother, Alpha Donovan, do not be deceived." It was Synthia who spoke.

"What do you mean, it isn't her? Look at her, she is right there!" Carrin yelled, she was frustrated and annoyed, her panther was on edge too, they wanted to protect Elijah and yet they couldn't even get to him, all because of their mother.

"It's her body, yes, but your mother is gone now, that is May, Elijah's aunt. " They all turned to her in question.

"What are you talking about?"

Elijah's eyes turned silver and they glowed with a fierceness almost unknown to even him. He was angry and he could only justify it with this woman. This woman who stole his mother from him and made his life a living hell all those years ago. He clenched his fists and they lit with fire,May simply laughed at his gesture.

"Oh, you were always such a spit fire," she raised her arms to her waist and opened her palms and revealed black smoke like fire and grinned." I have evolved over the years, Elijah, do not underestimate me. " Her voice echoed in the dome, sounding softer and more, May.