CHAPTER 13√

Elijah

The wind sang its song, howling up at the glorious moon. The water was still, not one ripple in motion. Owls watched from the tree tops with wide intelligent eyes. The trees spoke amongst themselves. They saw everything and heard all and they were all over. Elijah was still, unmoving and he couldn't understand. The place was familliar, too familiar. He felt like a tree, forced to stay still and unmoving, only watching, only hearing.

It came out of nowhere and it approached slowly. Slowly its eyes fixed on the spot he was in, its beautiful and familiar orange- yellow sunset coloured eyes watch him. The pure white wolf bows lowly before approaching. It sat right in front of him and suddenly, he could feel his limbs again, he could see his hands. He reached out as the wolf leaned its large head in. He was like a ghost as his fingers went right through him.

"Don't let... again... Don't let m... " Elijah looked around him, at the deserted forest, looking for the voice, the person who had spoken so incoherently but there was no one. He looked at the majestic creature and its eyes told him all." Don't..."

He vanished, like thin air he disappeared with the wind leaving him confused and curious then someone else appeared though it was unclear. It looked like dust in a tornado, shifting and changing. He could make out long black hair and a cynical smile.

"I know where you are..." it hissed out like an angry snake ready to battle. "Too long... Soon, I shall c-"

He bolted up right and choked on air. His eyes were wet with tears and a soothing hand was on his back. Elijah looked around the room in fright. That...that voice... He turned and his eyes met those of Donovan who was concerned.

"What's wrong? Did you have a nightmare? " Elijah didn't say anything, he turned and climbed onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around Donovan and buried his face in his neck, breathing deeply. It was comforting, it made his relax and slowed his rapidly beating heart. He couldn't say anything, he wouldn't. "Shh, I'm here, I'm not going anywhere, okay?"  he sighed and closed his eyes as Donovan rocked them back and forth. "You want to talk about it?"  he shook his head and tightened his arms around him.

Elijah held onto Donovan through out and he slid down and lied on his back. Elijah cuddled into his chest and tried to fall asleep again but he didn't want to, or rather he didn't want to risk having another dream. It was different, cold and malicious. It did felt like a memory yet at the same time it didn't. He wasn't sure what to make of it but he felt like slowly,he was going insane. And perhaps he would if he didn't figure out everything soon.

Donovan continued to rub his back soothingly. He lied there until he felt Donovan's hand stop and his breathing become normal, steady. Elijah listened to his heart beat, it was like a soothing lullaby which lulled him to sleep and luckily no dream came to him.

He woke first and rested his chin on the back of his chin. He watched Donovan as he slept for the 30 minutes left. Elijah wondered about the wolf, it was familliar and yet he couldn't remember. He felt like something was missing from his memory but it didn't seem to surface so he decided to forget about it for the time being,he would obsess later.

He watched as Donovan's mouth shifted, pressing together them twisting to the side. He smiled and Donovan's beautiful hazel eyes popped open.

"Morning, " Donovan smiled softly and held him closer.

"Are you okay?"  Elijah nodded knowing he was referring to his nightmare from earlier. "Was it about...being locked up?"  Elijah turned and frowned, he gave a slight nod and hoped he believed. He didn't want to lie,but he also didn't want to tell him something he couldn't even explain. "Okay."  Elijah turned to Donovan who turned to the watch, turning it off before it rang. He softly set Elijah onto the bed and moved to get ready. Elijah frowned at that. Did he know?