CHAPTER 21√

Narrator

He saw his opportunity, he could use this anger in a better way, a way where the blood he takes will be from a bigger threat. He felt the magic flowing through his veins, begging to be used. He stood his ground as he faced the forest. Luckily the children had moved back into the house and, through the mind link which he could now access being that he and Donovan were fully mated, he directed everyone who couldn't fight to the safe house.

Carrin came out of the woods snarling and eyes glowing gold. Everyone was shocked to see her, this was not something they were used to. She gracefully made her way to Elijah's side. She wasn't really afraid for herself, she felt afraid for Elijah, something inside of her told her to protect him, he didn't fight it, he embraced it,most of the others objected.

"Elijah, Carrin, you two have to go to the safe house, now! " Donovan commanded as his men came out, some had shifted while others had weapons.

"We aren't useless, Donovan, we can defend this pack just as much as you can."

"You will li-"

"No, I will not! " Elijah snapped just as the first flood of rabid wolves rushed forward.

It was a blur of movement. The rogues were to close to the pack house, too close for comfort. Carrin did something new, something nobody expected. She shifted, her bones snapped and cracked, aligning themselves. There in her human body's place was a pure black panther. She swayed a bit then snarled and stood in front of Elijah, protectively, but she hadn't been the only one. Donovan as well as Synthia stood protectively before him and this annoyed Elijah to no end.

The warriors snapped their jaws and growled as they swiped their paws at the rogues,their shock at Carrin's shift set aside for the time being. Their claws racking over their faces. The huge wolves clashed, their bodies colliding. Jaws snapped, teeth dug into the skin, letting a fresh flow of blood ooze from their bodies. Donovan growled as he collided with a dirty brown wolf, he took a firm grasp of its neck and dug his teeth into its flesh, letting the metallic taste of blood evade his taste buds as he held it down, preventing it from breathing. He let go after a shake as it stopped breathing all together.

Elijah manipulated the wind and moved his protectors out of his way as a wolf lunged for him. He thrust a hand up and a wall of fire went up, burning it. It whimpered and howled as he made the fire run wild, flowing all over the rogue. He clapped his hands and a mass of water comes to his aid. It was to easy for him, to easy, they were no match as he swirled the water, letting it slice through the wolves throat. Then he ran into the mass of wolves. He leaped onto one's back and wrapped his arms around his neck and pulled making them fall back as he wrapped his legs around the torso. He filled the wolves lungs with water and it choked and struggled before falling limp. He heard a whimper and turned to see Carrin struggling. He thrust his hand out and made a swiping motion, the wolf flew across a mass of wolves and into a tree.

Donovan could admit, he was doing pretty good on his own, that did not mean it was completely okay, though. He knew his mate could take care of himself, but Donovan also wanted to feel like he mattered too, that Elijah somehow needed him at some times. With his anger he went through the wolves and killed them all. Soon only two were left and they were surrounded. Donovan stepped forward and growled, snapping his jaw. He stalked around them, his pack members sat around in a ring, growling.

Kill them, Alpha!

Make them pay!

Elijah stepped forward. He wasn't very satisfied and he was very disgusted by the dead bodies of the filthy rogues that littered around them.