CHAPTER 4√

Donovan

He jabbed and kicked but with no avail, the little child was to slow but that was okay, he had little to no experience and it was his first time, we could admire his determination. Donovan grinned as he dodged the pup whose name was Philip. He grabbed onto his small arm and yanked him to the ground. The pup huffed and whined.

"No fair! I can't even see! " he pouted as he stood and dusted himself off.

"The key is using all of your senses, pup. Learn to open you ears and use the grounds vibrations."  Philip tilted his head. "Because your young it would be easier to train you to be in tune with your body and the nature around you. Use your senses, not your eyes."  The other pups furrowed their brows as though their Alpha were speaking an alien language.

Philip nodded and stood still. The others were quiet and Donovan moved to the right. Philip moved his head in his direction. He waited and Donovan swung to the left and Philip managed to dodge the hit but barely as Donovan's knuckle brushed up against him.

"Better. " Philip beamed and took of his Blindfold." I never said we were done." Philip's smile dropped and he whined while everyone snickered.

"But Uncle!"  Donovan hid his smile from his adorable 13 year old nephew. "I'm tired! And hungry! Yes, very hungry."  He pouted and a few of the girls giggled and whispered as they watched him. He was a very handsome young boy with grey eyes like his father and brown curly hair like his mother and defined cheek bones and plump lips. He would be a hit with the girls when the time comes,although even now then he was already a hit.

"Donovan!" He turned and looked at his very large sister who glared at him."Why on earth are you still outside? Have you not seen the news! It will rain soon and I will be damned if I let you get a cold, young man."  Donovan rolled his eyes at his older sister who tapped her foot against the wooden floor.

"The sun is still out, sis. " she flushed and the children snickered.

"I can very well see that! But that doesn't mean it won't rain!"  Donovan sighed, "Philip, get in here,"  the boy waisted no time and ran for his mother with a wide smile and the girls sighed. "Have you eaten yet, baby?"  He shook his head with a pout.

"No, mama." He made his voice extra soft as though he was the most unfortunate child ever which made Renee glare heatedly at Donovan who gapped at Philip's innocent smile.

"That's not true! He ate, he did!" Donovan tried to defend,feeling very wronged and being very aware of the rage a pregnant she wolf had.

"Inside, young man. " Donovan glared at his nephew who waved. He shook his head. His sisters mood swings were getting more and more prominent as the date approached that she would be giving birth. Her mate, a fellow Alpha had a meeting over seas and did not want to risk bringing her only for her to give birth, so he brought her to her birth place, where her family was.

The children snickered at him as he stood. He glared playfully at them. He crouched down and their eyes glinted excitedly. They loved playing with their Alpha. They simply adored him, just as everyone else in the pack, they were after all a family. He shifted, ripping off his clothing in the process and the little ones did the same. They growled playfully and he snorted.

The Alpha chased around the pups, taking longer to catch them all as they barked happily. He didn't do this everyday but when he did, nobody wanted to miss it. A few pack members came out and watched their Alpha interact with the young. The parents smiled lovingly as he left nobody out. He stalked towards twins who crouched and when he was close enough they lunged at him. He fell over and the others came and jumped on him. The wolves barked happily. He yelped as he felt a tug on his tail.

They were a really big happy family. The big pile was broken apart as a mother whistled and all their heads snapped up.

"Lunch time! " They jumped off their Alpha and bounded into the house. He huffed and stared at them as they rushed inside, pushing each other to get there first. He looked at the sky as dark clouds began to form. It was strange because they formed so fast, not in the slow process,it was unusual. He looked to the pack house where Winston stood gazing at the sky with a puzzled face. They made eye contact seeming to be thinking the same thing.

The boy they found two days ago popped into his mind along with the information he had given. Mabye he was right, mabye we should start preparing ourselves. He thought as he stood. The boy came out from the house and stood next to Winston. He gazed up at the sky with a wary look. He shook his head and looked at Winston who had already been looking at him. He blushed and went back into the pack house without a word.

Donovan felt bad for Winston,his best friend found his mate in that boy. Sure it should be great but the boy wanted nothing to do with him. He hadn't rejected him outright but he hadn't accepted him either.

Anyway, as Donovan looked back to the sky he could tell that there was something wrong. Donovan looked at the woods and he felt a presence but he didn't know what it was or whom it could be. He looked at Winston who was already heading for him. He nodded and they bound into the forest.

~Get inside and do not come out until further notice. He commanded the pack who replied with an immediate 'yes'.

His powerful paws hit the ground as the clouds continued to thicken and thunder began to boom already. Winston and his third, Arson along with 5 of the warriors were right behind him. They ran at top speed, Donovan leading. He felt a shiver run through him as he got closer to the eastern border. He was following his instincts now, willing his wolf to run faster. He was worried and angry and there was a mixture of excitement in his emotions which only served to confuse him.

They came to a hult as they now saw the scene before them unfold. It didn't make sense why Donovan felt the need to come here, they were not even on his land, and then suddenly it began to make sense as he caught a scent.

The wind blew and the mixture of rogue and something else invaded his nose. It was full blown citrus and a hint of wet soil. He wasn't prepared to find his mate among rogues, not that he was going to love him any less it just didn't cross his mind. He growled as he saw the four men target a smaller figure, a very small and not to mention naked figure. Is it even a rogue?

He bolted towards him, leaving his territory. His men followed behind him with anger. He felt a very strong pull towards the naked fallen figure on the ground. It had to be his mate, he just needed to touch him and look into his eyes to make sure.

The men looked up with wide terrified and shocked eyes. They hadn't expected this. They looked down at the naked figure just as Donovan and his men came to a stop, growling and snarling. There was no chance, they could either run for it or stay and fight and Donovan had no problem with the latter, he would have no regrets about their deaths.