CHAPTER 5√

Elijah

He could feel his pulse under his fingers. The four men stepped closer to him, out from behind the trees. Elijah moved back as he looked from the one who had spoken first to his other minions.

Each of them had bright red eyes except for the one farthest to the back, his eyes were brown and he had soft features. His blonde hair was cropped and he looked uninterested. All their clothing was ragged and torn but his were neater and not that bad, he had black jeans and a black tank top with a red shirt unbutton. The leader had yellow teeth and his skin was covered in dirt and grim along with the other two. They had looks of hunger, a look Elijah had grown so used to seeing.

"L-leave me alone, " his voice was rough and husky. He hasn't used his voice so much in over 16 years. It was weird hearing himself speak. The man rose his eyebrow.

"I am afraid not, sexy," he grinned and stepped closer, "my boys and I, see we haven't had much of anything to eat for a while." he roamed Elijah's body, staring at his impressive package.

"I-I don't have...any food, " Elijah said slowly, words didn't come easy to him. He had such a limited amount of knowledge, not many words could be used.

"Oh, don't worry about that," he stepped closer and Elijah stumbled and fell painfully onto his ass with a cry making them laugh. The one in the back only watched curiously. He made no move to get closer. There was something which embedded itself into Elijah's poor unexpected ass.

"Aren't you just a cute little thing. "

Anger rushed through him suddenly,he felt kind of fed up with his own situation. Why couldn't he be left alone? He stared at them with pure anger and hatred. His palms grew warm and his eyes shifted. The strange men's eyes widened.

"Well, ain't that something," the one of the right mumbled.

"Come here, Richard. " the leader barked.

"No," he spoke for the first time,refusing the command so simply and without fear. Elijah made eye contact with him. There was something about him he didn't understand, something he couldn't really place but it wasn't bad. "I'm not getting involved." he said finally as he looked across the field.

"Fine, " the leader snapped before  growling. Elijah felt the tug and the clouds began to form over them. They looked up before glancing back at him." Let's make it count. " they stepped forward when a loud growl made itself known. Elijah felt a tingle in his neck. He shivered. The men looked across the field and Elijah felt the rumble of the ground as it shook with large heavy footstep. The thunder roared and Elijah felt the tug in his abdomen.

His eyes widened as he looked back to see what made them so fearful. There were eight large wolves which stood behind him. Is... Is this a dream? He asked himself as his mouth fell open. Fear spiked inside him and the clouds thickened. The wolf in front was larger than the rest and completely white, no spot or strip. There was a brown one with a white patch to his right and one with white, black and brown to his left. Elijah couldn't see the rest but they were brown, light and darker.

"Who are you? " hissed the leader as he glared at him. Elijah gasped in fear as he glared," well? Who are you? Why are-" he didn't finish as a growl which shook the ground erupted from the white wolf. He paled. "I - I... Uh.. Um."

"W-we don't want any t-trouble, " Richard spoke with fear. His leader growled threateningly. Elijah hated his fear. Then, he did something he never knew was possible. He summoned a lightning bolt and it struck the leader at his feet and he flew half way into the air before landing on his back four feet away. He groaned.

"H-how...? " the others looked at Elijah and he stood. He looked back and forth, he was between the wolves who were shocked and the frightened group. Richard gulped. Slowly Elijah stepped back, hoping to get away. He froze as the wolves came closer. He remembered something he had seen when his mother was still around. He had adored wolves but now that they stood right in front of him, he couldn't help the fear he knew they could smell.

Then they ran. Elijah watched as the wolves behind the first three moved around and lunged at the leader and the others ran after his followers. The leader screamed and Elijah felt it was his opportunity to run. And he ran, with all his might he ran. His legs tense as he ran. He risked a glance behind him and they were following. He yelled in fear at the sight of them before urging himself to run faster. He turned and headed in a random direction. They were gaining. In fact if they wanted they could have gotten him, but they didn't.

They seemed to be running forever until he realised that the two others were at either side of him. He was trapped. He could tell that he was heading right where they wanted him. He tripped and fell. He groaned and looked up, behind him the white wolf was closer, it was being cautious and Elijah was scared of how it seemed to try and seem less threatening.

Where he was heading he saw a house. He felt hope begin to blossom in his heart. Mabye, I can find help, slowly he stood and the wolf watched him. He turn to his right and left, the others were still there watching. He turned and hoped he could be faster and ran to the edge and he came to see the front porch.

"Help! " he yelled before being tackled to the ground. He hadn't yelled so fiercely in a long time. It was painful. The wolf nuzzled him and he whimpered in fear. I'm going to die. He thought as tears built up in his eyes, not even 24 hours and he was going to die. Then it he felt the wolf stand. He couldn't move, not for the life of him. He wasn't sure what to do or how to do it. He heard a crack, like the snapping of a bone. His head turned and right before his innocent eyes the body began to shift. His eyes were wider than saucers. His breath hitched as the fur was tucked away and the ears shrunk along with the claws and teeth.

"Hey, " the man whispered panting while he crouched before him," Donovan Phoeb. I am so glad I finally found you. " Elijah did the only thing he could,the only thing that best suited such a situation. His eyes rolled back and he fell limp to the ground. Poor boy fainted, his heart unable to take the events of the day.