Chapter 25 ⚜ Anchors

Lydia POV

Allison slams the door shut and runs. When she bursts through the morgue doors, she's at school just as the bell rings, utterly bewildered as to how she got there. She stares around in shock.

I come up to her and ask her "Allison, are you okay?" 

Allison nods unconvincingly.

As Scott walks into school, he turns and notices his shadow growing and morphing into the same monstrous shape that Peter took on when he was an alpha.

Scott starts to run, but he can't escape his own shadow. He crashes into Stiles

Stiles says "Hey! Hey, you all right?" he sceptically "You don't look all right, Scott."

Scott nods "I'm okay."

Stiles says "No, you're not. It's happening to you, too-- you're seeing things, aren't you?"

Scott claims to be okay, but Stiles knows that none of them are. Scott was shocked "How did you know?" When Scott asks how he knows, Stiles motions to me as I and Allison walk up.

I say "Because it's happening to all three of you"  I lead the other three into the school "Well, well, look who's no longer the crazy one" I clearly enjoy being on the other side of the terrifying visions for once

I say "Because it's happening to all three of you" I lead the other three into the school "Well, well, look who's no longer the crazy one" I clearly enjoy being on the other side of the terrifying visions for once.

Allison complains "We're not crazy!"

I snark and disagree sarcastically "Hallucinating? Sleep paralysis? Yeah, you guys are fine."

Scott says "We did die and come back to life. That's gotta have some side effects, right?"

The bell rings,  We all head to class and Stiles says  "We keep an eye on each other, okay? And Lydia?"

I give him a look "What?"

Stiles looks at me "Stop enjoying this so much."

⚜ The Lost Hunter ⚜

In Art class, Allison is having a difficult time. We're painting, but she can't keep her hand steady.

I comment on it "Not the steadiest hand for a superb marksman..."

"It's been happening for the past few weeks. Since that night." Allison throws the brush down in frustration, and red paint splatters on the canvas. It reminds her of Kate's blood splattering on the window when Peter cut her throat.

I tear the canvas off and order Allison "Start over" I watch Allison closely. 

Isaac also watches from across the room.

⚜ The Lost Hunter ⚜

In the woods, I'm still determined to help Allison somehow. I set up an archery target on a tree. Allison says "Do you really think this is going to help?"