Chapter 41 ⚜ Orphaned

Parrish, I, and Stiles are at Eichen House waiting for the orderly to open Meredith's room. Brunski catches us and takes the keys away "You do not just open the door for anyone with a badge."

Parrish says "We need to talk to Meredith about a murder investigation."

Brunski says "Parrish can talk to her by Lydia and Stiles, especially Stiles, have to go."

Parrish says "They're crucial witnesses in an ongoing murder investigation. I wouldn't have brought them here if it wasn't absolutely . . . crucial."

Brunski gets in Parrish's face and tells him to come back with a court order. He then turns on Stiles and tells him to come back with payment in full. "I guess those government jobs aren't as reliable as they used to be, huh?"

Parrish cuts in, "But they do help when you need a favor. Like how a month ago Canaan PD helped you get home after blowing a .1 on a breathalyser." Which means he apparently researched Brunski sometime recently.

Stiles is thrilled by this revelation, and Brunski backs off. He hands Stiles the keys, and as he walks away, I give Brunski the middle finger.

Stiles paws at Parrish "You

Stiles paws at Parrish "You. You? I like you. I'm gonna keep you."

⚜ The Lost Hunter ⚜

I and Stiles sit across from Meredith and ask her "Meredith, what do you mean, you can't tell us?"

Stiles offers "We just need the third key. You can give it to us in numbers, letters, hieroglyphs... Whatever you want"

Meredith says "I can't"

I wonder "Then why did you give us the second key?"

Meredith says "I wanted to help, That's what I want to do__ I want to help"

"Great! so help us now. Okay? Gie us the third chiper key"

"Things have changed. I... I can't"

Stiles asks "Why not?"

Parrish warns us "Guys, go easy on her"

Meredith says "I'm sorry. I can't. He... He doesn't want me to"

Stiles confused "He? Who's he?"

I ask "Meredith, who doesn't want you to tell us the third cipher key?"

"The Benefactor"

I'm running out of patience "What's his name? You could just tell us his name"

Stiles says "Okay, you're shaking your head... What's that mean? Does that mean you don't know? Or you don't want to help us?"

Meredith shrugs "I can't... I can't help anymore"

I ask "How do you know about him?"

"I can't... I can't help anymore"