Chapter 32 ⚜ The Dark Moon

In Mexico, Town in Plateau, Stiles and I look around, seeming lost, Stiles comments "This doesn't seem so bad"

I think "It's not the town, it's the plan"

"What's wrong with the plan?"

I exasperatedly "Stiles, this could be the possibly the stupidest plan we've ever come up with. You're aware of that, right?

"I'm aware it's not our best"

"We are going to die" I smile at him

"Are you saying that as a banshee or because you're just being pessimistic?"

"I'm saying it as a person who doesn't wanna die"

"Okay" he asks "Would you mind restricting any talk of death to actual banshee predictions?"

I sarcastically "This plan is stupid and we're going to die."

Stiles annoyed "Oh. Thank you

"Mmm" We snipe at one another a little more, then make our way to a building with guards outside. I ask in Spanish "¿Estamos aquí para la fiesta? "
[Spanish: "We're here for the party?"]

The guard shakes his head, so Stiles digs a card out of his pocket. It has a stylized skull on it, which the guard clearly recognizes. He motions toward a camera, and Stiles holds the card up for the security camera to see. The door unlocks, letting us in. The place seems creepy at first, and the walls shake. But what we walk into turns out to be a nightclub.

Severo watches from an upper level and informs Araya that they have visitors. Stiles and I clearly stand out from the crowd.

We head to the bar and are given shots unexpectedly, which Stiles goes to pay for. Severo appears behind him, however, and tells us the drinks are on the house.

We don't take the shots, and Severo points out that most American teens don't cross the border to refuse a drink.

"We didn't come to drink" I drop one of Severo's spent shell casings into the shot.

⚜ The Lost Hunter ⚜

We are taken upstairs. Araya is pulling out stitches with a knife. She comments "Severo hates this music. Me? I've always loved the music of youth. This especially-- it has a savage energy."

I say "We're here for Derek Hale"

Araya was amused "Is that so?"

I say "We know you have him. We've heard you can be bought"

Stiles puts money on the table as our offer "That's fifty thousand for Derek"

"Now, where does a teenage boy get money like this? Japanese mafia?" The hunters around the room cock their weapons, and Araya leans in "Not smart to come alone."