Chapter 34 ⚜ New Student

In the High school hallway, Bonnie and Elena move down the hall... I run hugging Elena and Bonnie "I know you will come"

Elena says "You and Bonnie made me do it, Dee"

Bonnie says "We have to, Lena"

Caroline approaches, She sees Elena and immediately goes to her, embracing her, and holding her tight "Hi girls. Elena, my god, how are you? It's so good to see you" Caroline to us "How is she? Is she good?"

"Thanks, Caroline, I'm fine." Elena rehearsed

I say "She is good, Care"

Caroline asks "Really?" 

Elena says "Yes. Much better."

Caroline is genuine. In her own way, she truly cares. Elena busies herself with her locker. Caroline wonders "Have you seen Matt yet?" 

Elena shakes her head.

Bonnie says "They broke up, Caroline."

I roll my eyes "Yeah, Normal in our gang" 

Caroline says "I know that. But they can still talk."

Elena says "He was at his Dad's all summer." 

Caroline wonders "So what's the status? Friends, cordial, awkward at best?"

I warn her "Caroline!"

Elena shrugs.

Matt comes waltzing around the corner. He sees us "Hey, guys..." Matt His eyes go straight to Elena. She smiles friendly.

Elena waves "Hi, Matt." 

Matt gives her an awkward nod and takes off "Good to see you

Matt gives her an awkward nod and takes off "Good to see you. Later." 

Caroline watches him go "In case you missed it, you two are awkward at best." Bonnie and I give Elena a supportive smile. Caroline hugs her again "Oh, you poor thing."

Elena starts to chock "Okay, Caroline."

Caroline notices that "Oh! Okay, see you guys later?" 

Bonnie says "OK! Bye!"

Elena warns us "No comment." 

Bonnie and I shrug "We are not going to say anything."

The back of the new guy as he interacts with the secretary. Caroline stopped looking at him with her looker

 Caroline stopped looking at him with her looker