Chapter 33 ⚜ Derek!

In the animal clinic, Scott, Stiles, Malia, I, and Kira drove all night from Mexico to bring Young Derek directly to Deaton at the Animal Clinic. Scott carries him inside and we lay him out on an exam table. 

Deaton says "Wow"

"Wow. Wow as in 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do,' kind of wow? Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for," Stiles says.

Deaton has no idea what to do.

I take Young Derek's hand and note "he's really cold."

Deaton starts trying to check his vitals.

Scott asks if this is permanent

Deaton replies that he's not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate.

Stiles asks what they should do,

Deaton suggests we leave Derek with him since there won't be much to do until he wakes up. The mountain ash of the clinic can keep Kate out.

I ask "why Kate would want to make Derek young again?"

Deaton can only say that whatever the reason, it must only benefit Kate and be bad for the rest of them. He suggests that we all go home and get some sleep because it's a school night "You all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

Scott thinks "someone should stay."

Young Derek squeezes my hand and I volunteer "My grades are good, so I can miss a class or two."

Stiles exclaims that he is so not okay with this plan. 

I insist they leave.

Scott tells me to text them if anything happens

Stiles says, "No, still not okay with it. Not going anywhere." Scott drags Stiles out of the office.

⚜ The Lost Hunter ⚜

I am sitting in the waiting room alone, Deaton comes and gives me a coffee "This is for you"

"Thanks" I take it from him and sit on the sofa "I don't know why life is so hard on him"

"Life is some tests we have to pass"

I chuckle "That's creepy your old crush back"

Deaton smiles "You and Derek"

"It was me, Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie who has a crush on Derek, Camden,__"

"Dean and Sam Winchester"

I nod "Yeah" I tease him "you were with us in school"

Deaton laughs "No, I was a teenager before"

I sigh "And he back to his old body and brings memories, Bonnie will be happy to see him in that shape" Deaton and I laugh "Doc, Can I ask you something?"