Chapter 50 ⚜ Faith

I get to the hospital with Elijah. Sam stands at the desk with a receptionist and she says "Sir, I'm so sorry to ask. There doesn't seem to be any insurance on file"

"Right. Uh, ok" Sam removes a card from his wallet and hands it to her.

The receptionist glances at the card "Okay, Mr. Burkovitz"

Sam turns to me "Lydia"

I walk to him "Sam" he looks behind me "Let me introduce to you, Elijah"

Elijah shakes his hand "Nice to meet you, Sam"

Sam says "Me too" Sam sees two cops waiting and walks over "I will be right back"

Elijah says "Sure" he holds my shoulder "You okay, Lydia?"

I sigh "I just worried about Dean" Sam comes back to us "So What happened?"

Sam explains "Dean walk-in electric water"

I say "Oh god" 

Elijah puts his hand on my shoulder and I pat it with a small smile "I think that is the doctor"

Sam "Hey, Doc. Is he..."

The doctor says "He's resting"

Sam asks "And?"

The doctor says "The electrocution triggered a heart attack. Pretty massive, I'm afraid. His heart...it's damaged"

I ask "How damaged?"

The doctor says "We've done all we can. We can try and keep him comfortable at this point. But, I'd give him a couple weeks, at most, maybe a month.

Sam says "No, no. There's, there's...gotta be something you can do"

I say "some kind of treatment"

"We can't work miracles. I really am sorry" The doctor leaves. 

Sam looks upset.

I look at Elijah with tears in my eyes shaking my head and he hugs me, Sam is watching us "I can't lose my brother"

Elijah says "He will be fine"

I say "I told you, Elijah. Death"

Elijah holds my hand "Hey, he will be great, not just fine" He puts his hand on my cheek "You must be strong in front of him" 

I nod my head.

⚜ The Lost Hunter ⚜

In Dean's room, Dean is watching TV, He is pale and has dark circles under his eyes. Sam enters, and Dean keeps his eyes on the TV. Dean says in a very weak voice "Have you ever actually watched daytime TV? It's terrible"

Sam shakes his head and sighs "I talked to your doctor"

Dean says "That fabric softener teddy bear. Oh, I'm gonna hunt that little bitch down"

Sam points at the doorway "I get you a gift"

I get in the room "I thought you wanted to see me"

Dean smiles "Nerd"

I hug him and kiss his head "I missed you" Dean looks at Elijah "This is Elijah, umm a very loyal friend to me"

Elijah says "Nice to meet you Dean again"

Dean says "Me too, man"

I wonder "Again?"

Elijah says "I will go to make a phone call, I will be back"

I say "Take your time" 

Elijah smiles and leaves.

Sam asks "What going on?"