Chapter 49 ⚜ The Distance

In Mystic Falls, I meet Elijah at Jonas's and Luka's apartment, Elijah looks through the window "Are you afraid of me?"

"You killed so many people I mean Vampires in a brutal way" I laugh sarcastically "Why should I be afraid?"

"Always remember that we do things that we are forced to do"

"Elijah, there is no need for this"

"You will leave Mansion and move with me to another place" Before I speak and say something, Jonas rejoins us and Elijah turns to him "Where is Luka?"

Jonas answers "Asleep" 

I look at them and leave the room.

⚜ The Lost Hunter ⚜

In Lockwood's mansion, Elijah and Damon are talking alone inside Richard's office. Alaric Saltzman comes over to me "Lydia, are you okay?" hug me "Why don't you answer your phone"

I hug him back "fine fine"

"Did he do something to you?"

"No, I don't want to answer, you will tell me something. I don't want me to know anything about you so that he doesn't know"

"Reasoning, why is he keeping you?"

I sigh "I don't know, I wish I knew. How are Elena and the girls?"

"I'm fine but Caroline is going to go crazy calling you and worried about you"

"Reassure her and I will find a solution" Alaric looks at John "what is this doing here?"

John rejoins us "What's Damon doing with Elijah?"

Alaric gives him a look "How would I know?"

"Because you're his little helper"

"If you say so, John"

"Does Jenna know about your extracurricular activities? Maybe it's time we tell her. I mean, she can't stay in the dark forever"

I say "Be in your damn business, John"

Alaric gives John a harsh look "You're a dick"

John says "I don't think you should sleep over anymore. It's inappropriate with children in the house, and that ring that Isobel gave you, that's mine. I'm gonna want that back."

I smile at Alaric "Excuse me, Ric. Elijah wants me"

⚜ The Lost Hunter ⚜

Elijah and Damon are in Richard's office, I rejoin them and stand next to Elijah who comes over to me putting his hand around me, I look at him confused. Elijah asks "What can I do for you, Damon?"

"I was hoping we could have a word"

"Where's Elena?"

"Safe with Stefan. They're laying low, you know, bit of a werewolf problem"

"Oh, yeah. I heard about that"

"I'm sure you did since it was your witch that saved the day"

"You are welcome"

"Which adds to my confusion on exactly why you're here"

"Why don't you just stay focused on keeping Elena safe and leave the rest to me" Elija takes me and we go toward the door.

Damon puts himself in front of him "Not good enough, I need Lydia"

Elijah pushes him against the wall and strangles him. Damon tries to strangle Elijah too but he's not strong enough so Elijah breaks his wrist.