Chapter 45 ⚜ Memory Lane

In Caroline's room, I, Scott, and Stiles are with her and she wraps a blanket around her body, Stiles sitting on Caroline's laptop.

Scott says "I thought when you are dead, you can't turn to something"

I say "She killed one human and turned"

Caroline shaking "Every bone in my body hurts me" 

I wrap my arms around her.

Stiles shouts clapping "I knew it"

We turn to him "What?"

Stiles says "Caroline had wolf gene"

Caroline says "I'm a dead person, all my genes are dead too"

Scott says "It's impossible, all Forbess didn't turn"

I say "We didn't know that family Hale is too, maybe Stiles right"

Stiles says "I'm right so listen to me, the body is maybe dead but the wolf gene protects himself and activated when she killed someone"

Caroline asks "What I am now?"

I nod "Werewolf or vampire?"

Scott stares at Caroline "She is both"

Stiles says "A hybrid and no one like her"

I say "No one should know that, It will be our secret, no one will know just four of us, understand" They nod.

⚜ The Lost Hunter ⚜

In Mystic Falls public park, Elena and Caroline are talking, Caroline says "So suddenly, she's on the running for mother of the year just when I'm trying to avoid her the most. I'm babbling, you don't want to hear all this"

Elena says "No, sorry. Then what happened?"

Caroline says "Well, I was a bitch but it's part of the process"

I approach them "How are you doing?"

Caroline says "Great, so how are things between you and Stefan? Anything?"

Elena says "No, not since the fight. He's been pushing me away because he thinks that Katherine might get jealous enough to hurt me. I just don't know how to change his mind"

Caroline says "You said that Katherine's dangerous. Maybe he's got a point"

Elena says "Yeah, I know that she's dangerous and I know that he's just trying to protect me but it feels like giving up and I just..."

Caroline says "Just what?"

Elena says "I just thought we were stronger than that"

I say "Forget it, Lena"

Elena is painting a wall with me, She looks at Stefan and He looks at her. 

Caroline is looking at them "Oh, oh. Lurking looks are being exchanged"

Elena says "I'm gonna go talk to him"

Caroline says "No, Elena. I think it's a bad idea"

I say "Caroline right, Lena"

Elena leaves and Damon rejoins us "What's her problem?"

I look at him "Love"

Caroline says "Don't worry about it"