Part VII

Gillian stepped inside of Billie's gym and searched each area for her, hoping it wasn't obvious she had no idea where she was going.

Eventually, she found her laying back on a leather seat, bench pressing an unknown amount, an all black pair of Beats headphones over her head and sweats on her lower half.

A part of Gillian wanted to surprise her just for the fun of it, but another part did not want to sit in the back of an ambulance with her.

Instead, she walked behind Billie, careful not to spook her and accidentally make her drop the bar. She leaned over and smiled once Billie noticed her.

"Hi,"

Billie appeared a bit flustered at first, but quickly regained her cool again. She smiled as well and put the bar back up, then removed her headphones from her ears and adjusted them around her neck.

"Hey,"

Gillian swore she saw a sparkle in her big, blue eyes.

"How you been?"

"Good, good. Better now." Gillian admitted, noisily taking a step back so she could how much Billie lifted.

200.

Billie laughed a little when she saw Gillian's jaw drop in shock.

"The fuck are you training for? The apocalypse?" She asked in disbelief, taking another look at the weights. "Shit."

"I gotta job, G. If I don't train for it, I lose the match and my bills don't get paid." Billie joked, standing up to properly greet her with a quick hug.

Though Billie had been in the gym for a steady two hours now, she still smelled of vanilla— Gillian's new favorite scent.

"You know, I think I spend too much time with you-" She began before Billie interrupted her.

"-Impossible. I don't think you spend enough."

"No, forreal. I smell like you all the time."

Billie bit back a smirk and shrugged, "Nothing wrong with that."

"Not to you, but Malik's starting to notice."

"So?" Spitefully, Billie grabbed Gilly's hands and pulled her into another hug, wrapping her arms around her tightly and rocking the two of them side to side.

When she let go, she looked proud.

"Let me know if he notices that too." Billie said cockily, scrunching her nose. "It's amber."

"You're such an asshole." Gillian playfully rolled her eyes.

"Thank you."

Gilly sighed and moved to grab ten pound weights to add to the ends of Billie's bar out of pure curiosity. "When is the match again?"

"It's at six..." she eyed Gillian as she added the weights. "You tryna push me to my PR? I'm not your guinea pig, G."

"I know you're not. You're my gym rat." There was a sweetness to her voice that Billie liked, though she had just called her a rat. "Now go."

"As long as I'm yours," She mumbled, starting to lay down again and correct her form.

Gillian watched her raise the bar into the air, ease it down to her chest, and then lift it again.

220.

"My eyes are down here." Billie blurted teasingly, noticing how Gillian's line of vision began to wander to the skin peaking out at the bottom
of her shirt.